Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #81
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pantry Challenge...Find the old thread, or start a new one :)

Dinner tonight was temporarily a challenge (DH was supposed to be out of town but realized yesterday that he had to stay local this week) but I checked my fridge & pantry and realized I have everything for Linguine with Broccoli Rabe & Shrimp! Should be a win. DS loves broccoli rabe & pasta and shrimp, DH tolerates broccoli rabe as long as I have fresh pasta (I do! It was on sale a few weeks ago and I stocked up) and will be much happier with shrimp added. DD, well, she'll whine, but she'll eat it.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #82
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
You need the oyster crackers and 7up that I bought yesterday that wasn't on my list.

Had a surprise chriopractor visit this afternoon, so I didn't get to prep dinner before the soccer game. Good news! I was called early due to lightning and I went home and made it before Parents As Teachers came.

If it were up to me, we probably would've eaten out, but the kids wanted enchiladas. Glad we used what we had in the house though.
My Mom went to the store for me and dropped off a bag at dh's work to bring home to me...4 boxes of pedialyte, Emergen-C, Saltines, Chicken Noodle Soup, a pack of Halloween cups for the kids, and 2 new bottles (plastic!) for the baby. I have glass bottles and it drives her nuts. She's paranoid they are going to shatter and she's probably right about using them when we are out anyway. One drop from the stroller on the right flooring and that bottle is toast.

Btw, did you guys know they make Pedialyte in individual servings that just need to be added to water. I used to avoid buying it unless I had to, because it always got thrown away. Brilliant. Now I can have them on hand.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #83
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Here is one of the old threads if anyone needs some motivation...

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179942&highlight=cook+cabinets
Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #84
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Stupid question...how can I make chicken noodle soup without chicken broth? I always use the little cubes. Good thrifty lesson here...I mean I make my own broth but I always throw the cubes in with it. Just lots of extra seasonings???

We have eaten through all the soup my Mom sent and I don't think anyone is ready for a regular meal.

What about beef soup? Would that be as easy on the stomach and as good for you when you're sick? Veggie Beef?

Last edited by Mama2ManyBoyz; 10-24-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Mama2ManyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #85
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Subbing for ideas, but I'm not sure if my pantry is stocked enough to do the full challenge. I have a lot of basics: wheat/flour, sugar, rice (brown and jasmine), lots of kinds of dried beans, spaghetti, macaroni & angel hair pasta, and some canned veggies. I have more green beans than I know what to do with, though, because I accidentally stocked up on them from Aldi out of habit right before ours came in from our garden to can this summer. I think we could eat green beans every day for a month if we didn't get sick of them.

ETA, as far as meat I only have chicken in the freezer and a whole turkey (bought super cheap last Thanksgiving) that I'm thawing now before it's freezer burnt and can't be used, plus a couple of packs of Italian sausage.

Last edited by hac1224; 10-24-2012 at 10:52 AM.
hac1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #86
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Anyone still around? Made chicken noodle soup from scratch today, all the way down to the seasonings.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #87
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prepped dinner for tomorrow night - because DD has ballet til 4:30 and then the Spooktacular at school starts at 6. We could buy pizza there, but this way we'll have a good warm dinner before we go! Just have to make rice before we go to ballet and heat everything up.
Beef Curry

Went grocery shopping on Tues, but only got the sale/coupon items for the week!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #88
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been combining posts with the fiscal fast, gotta stop that! LOL!!

Last night I wound up making a kind of teriyaki chicken in the crockpot, and made 2 extra chicken breasts.

For breakfast this morning, we had oatmeal with apple butter....and lunch was leftover mac and cheese with applesauce. For dinner (just me and the boys tonight) the boys had chicken nuggets and green beans, with the some rationed Oreos and I had a big salad with the leftover chicken from last night!

Tomorrow night, we are going to Outback Steakhouse for the first time in my life (giftcard for work my husband did on a coworkers computer) and I have no idea what I am going to get...Those prices scare me to death! LOL!! I don't see how in the world folk afford to eat there...I scoped out the menu on the internet and can't believe how expensive they make steak!!! LOL!!!
Breakfast will be pancakes with (almost) the end of my flour...Which I won't order again til after the end of the month....And lunch will be pb&j and fruit!

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #89
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

tuesday ds's fundraising stuff came in, ao we had pizza made with one of the pizza kits i bought from him. wednesday was chicken enchiladas, and today we had leftovers. didnt buy anything for any of those meals. did have to go to HEB tonight though, and buy stuff for ds's halloween party at daycare tomorrow

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #90
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
My Mom went to the store for me and dropped off a bag at dh's work to bring home to me...4 boxes of pedialyte, Emergen-C, Saltines, Chicken Noodle Soup, a pack of Halloween cups for the kids, and 2 new bottles (plastic!) for the baby. I have glass bottles and it drives her nuts. She's paranoid they are going to shatter and she's probably right about using them when we are out anyway. One drop from the stroller on the right flooring and that bottle is toast.

Btw, did you guys know they make Pedialyte in individual servings that just need to be added to water. I used to avoid buying it unless I had to, because it always got thrown away. Brilliant. Now I can have them on hand.
Hopefully by this stage in the game everyone is healthy again, but I just wanted to come back and add that there are several homemade pedialyte recipes out there (kind of in the spirit of the pantry challenge :P )

http://www.ourlittlemonkeys.net/2010/01/26/homemade-pedialyte/
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote