Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
Tina- That seems about right for a SA. I think we might have paid just a smidge less- but it also depends on what kind of semen analysis they do. The basic should be cheaper than that, but the Kruger was about that much for us. Is it a Kruger?

Mel- I would really try to tell her over email or the phone. I have a friend that has struggled and is now 47 and has given up the fight. She still asked that I send her a text or email, give her time to process/grieve and then she will be on track. That has been my experience as well- I had friends get pregnant twice in the time we've been trying for #2 and they sent us a text or email each time. I cried and felt sorry for our situation and then was able to congratulate them. Hope that helps a little.

AFM: My lining is "perfect" FET is Nov. 2nd.
Yay! Sending baby dust!!!

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 15th

Yay for a perfect lining!

Can I just say OUCH!! That was incredibly painful! My cervix was so closed tight they had to get a bigger, longer speculum. Then they couldn't get the catheter through, ouchie! I was almost in tears. Luckily it didn't take to long. And the dr stated it best, women would kill for a uterus that nice. So the abnormality is not a mishapen uterus. That's the double edged good news. That means that next we look at immunological. And if that all comes back clear we jump to genetic testing.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Tina- That seems about right for a SA. I think we might have paid just a smidge less- but it also depends on what kind of semen analysis they do. The basic should be cheaper than that, but the Kruger was about that much for us. Is it a Kruger?
I dont know exactly. They have it broken down to SA, IUI SA, and IVF SA.

Mel- I would really try to tell her over email or the phone. I have a friend that has struggled and is now 47 and has given up the fight. She still asked that I send her a text or email, give her time to process/grieve and then she will be on track. That has been my experience as well- I had friends get pregnant twice in the time we've been trying for #2 and they sent us a text or email each time. I cried and felt sorry for our situation and then was able to congratulate them. Hope that helps a little.

AFM: My lining is "perfect" FET is Nov. 2nd. That is great!
ETA:
Mel, I like to be told things face to face, but that is also with my closest of friends, so I think it depends on how close you are to her. My best friend here is due in June so she just told me last month and although it was frustrating to here "we weren't even trying yet" I knew she was telling me when we were alone so I would have time to process it and not get so upset about it.

Last edited by meeshkasheeba; 10-15-2012 at 07:50 PM.
meeshkasheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know I haven't posted again since my intro, but I'm reading.

I guess I just don't know what to say since I have no info about or TTC struggles other than it's taking longer than it's "supposed" to and we have only one inexplicable miscarriage, so no Dr.'s find that interesting. I just find it comforting to read the thoughts of other women who are also struggling to conceive. Thanks for welcoming me.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #15
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

jena, i did that for a long time. I still do some. Sometimes, there just isnt a lot to say.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #16
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Tina-160$ seems steep for a simple SA but pretty okay for the Kruger (detailed morphology one that most REs want)

Mel-I would tell that friend by letter or email so she has time to process the news. I know I often react badly when put on the spot but do much better when I have time to process news like that on my own.

Rebecca-everything crossed for your FET!!! Seems like you waited so long for it!

Laurel-YAY for a good uterus though I get that you just want answers and still don't have them :-(

Welcome to the newbies here!

AFM (preg mentioned) another good scan and baby measured exactly 7w5d with a good and strong HB. My confidence is finally growing a bit that we will get to take home a baby this time.

Oh and Rebecca can you update me in the pregnant and hoping to make it section:

Screen Name (Real Name): ingrid5699 (Ingrid)
Age (DH): 41 (ME) 37
Current Children and age: Patrick, 5 years, Aurelia 3 years
Lost Children and dates: triplets Nov. 2004, baby B May 2006, latest little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12
Diagnosis: Me: endometriosis and immunological issues, DH: male factor
Treatment and Meds: fresh IVF #10 done, too many meds to list
Cycles TTC another: never prevented after DD was born 12'08, 4 fresh IVFs, 1 FET this time around (and 2 FETs with nothing to transfer)
Due date: May 30th
Will be 12w Nov 15th
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Haven't been here in a while... just popping in to say that I'm praying for you all!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have any of you ladies ever had the genetic SA done (well your dh obviously)? This week they are doing the kruger on thursday, because up to now it's been just montioring simple, motility, and count. But the RE really thinks that the losses for me are possibly genetic since he can't seem to find anything else. Now of course we're still waiting on the immunological blood work to get back, but assuming that's normal (which he thinks it will be since I had it done several years ago when this all started and it was) he wants to move on to genetic testing for both of us. We'll probably do one at a time, since it's a lot of $$ out of pocket, and that way if we find that it's one of us we don't have to pay for testing on the other, although I guess it could be both. I'm just really nervous about it. RE thinks it's possible that when the gametes are forming a gene is getting translocated so conception happens but then isn't viable, hence the 4 early losses (he said he has no thoughts on the fact that two of my losses were later). So anyone been through this? What was the procedure? I guess after the last ultrasound I"m a little gun shy, that hurt and they didn't mention that it could. I though it would be just a normal ultrasound.

oh, and I guess my other fear with all of this, if it does turn out to be genetic, then we have two options. IVF with screening of the embies to make sure they will be healthy. Or IUIs to get me pregnant more often hoping for 1 viable one like my son was. Both options scare the crap out of me. I have some serious moral/religious issues with IVF in general, but then to screen them too, yikes I don't want to do that. And of course the IUI thing, basically means we're trying to play pregnancy roulette. Getting pregnant as many times as possible hoping for the right genes to line up and get a viable one and knowing that a whole bunch of losses could be in store. We discussed all this at our appointment on Monday but I was in so much pain and so sad about it all I just didn't even feel like talking about it. But now I'm at the point where I need some input from others who have traveled the IF path. I know others may not have had the exact same problem but you all are much more likely to under stand than anyone else I have to talk to.

Last edited by slimy72; 10-17-2012 at 08:13 AM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #19
ingrid5699
Registered Users

We had the genetic testing done twice and it was a simple blood test. Once after our first 4 IVFs had failed (normal) and again after our loss in February to make sure something was not missed because the trisomy 14 that our baby had is quite often the result of such a balanced translocation. (but it wasn't-was just a fluke, DH and I are still very much normal)
I guess wether you do IUI or IVF or nothing depends on how badly you do want another child. If you are determined to have another and don't want to do IVF with the testing IUIs are a good option. But yeah it sucks to expect to lose a few pregnancies in the process.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #20
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Laurel- We haven't done the genetic testing. Sorry I can't help with that. What I would do is take it one step at a time. For now, do the tests that will help you to make a more informed decision. Then, move ahead only with what you are most comfortable with. I have done both IUI and IVF. Each decision was very much thought out- as all IF decisions seem to have to be.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote