Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May I Please Rant About Baby Boy Clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieT View Post
DS3 is 5, and 5.5 years ago I was complaining that all I could find were frogs and puppies. Monkeys must be the new frog.

I found Janie & Jack was the best place for not-obnoxious baby clothes. Yeah they're really expensive, but they also have great sales. I have good luck a lot of the time at Gymboree & Crazy 8, too--all three of those stores are the same company, so their stuff coordinates well.
Yep its monkey's this year. I love monkeys and ds loves making monkey sounds so it works out for us. It was frogs last year too- guess they don't have a lot on the rotation for boys. Sometime in the last few years was moose- mil shops garage sales and everything she bought for last year had moose on it.

OP try Walmart- they have plain stuff and non-plain stuff but they aren't covered in characters. They also have boy jeans that are definitely boy jeans.

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm very picky in that I do nto care for anything sports or camo. I love anything animals. So I just avoid the sports and camo and generally I can find things I like. I usually avoid sayings especially things on BOTH sprectrum of " mommy's so and so" or "daddy's so and so"

My problem is now finding baby clothes in 12-18 month sizes. Ha. Yes, my 6 month old is big enough to be a year old.. but he's still a baby and need onesies! Especially as its getting cold and if I put him in my 12 month clothing and pick him up, his shirt rises up and then his poor back/tummy gets cold! With enough searching, thankfully I've found some more clothing and just resorted to finding plain onesies and putting them under any cute baby ish 12 month-18 clothing I can find.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #13
Angel89411
Banned

At 4.5 years old, I find it easier to buy clothes online for DS1.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Target doesn't have many good boy clothes. I have better luck with Old Navy for sure. I also am picky about my boy clothes. I don't want any sayings, no monkeys (I agree, they are everywhere) and no sports. Old Navy generally has something I"m looking for.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #15
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have much luck in Target, either. I thought it was because of our location but maybe not. BRU had a nice section of dress up clothes for boys - can't remember the brand. I was tempted but mine isn't due until January so we want to wait and see what comes in December. I don't mind keeping him comfortable during the day but I want a few nice outfits for pictures and going out. I love monkeys. I love the rock star monkey theme. So this year has been nice for us. But I could see it becoming a drag. I do agree with you about the colors, they can get tedious, but there is quite a range: orange, browns, dark green, pale to dark blue, all kinds of beige, grey and silver, deep reds, deep purples. My husband loves bold colors so we don't mind venturing into dark fuschia as an accent color on a shirt and there are of course a multitude of black and white patterns. I am not a fan of expressions and using my clothes to sell someone else's brand - never liked it on me, wouldn't like it on my kid. And other sayings about my kid being a lady killer, etc...don't really jive with me.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Shop and Gymboree or BabyGap. I absolutely LOVE dressing my little boy and can always find tons of super cute clothes for him. I have found TONS of "mommy" related shirts also.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

I get everything at the children's place and crazy 8 i love baby gap but thats not in my budget. Haha
I hate animal stuff, I just want Normal looking clothes in tiny sizes my son is always all dressed up! I love his outfits
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #18
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I do mostly polos and jeans/khakis for my son. I hate sayings and don't do characters/animals for him much, either.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally know how you feel. Every time you go to a store the girls section is at least twice the size as the boys. Some places I have found that have cute clothes...Gymboree, Old Navy, Gap, Nartije, Janie and Jack, Zutano, and once in a while I score awesome organic outfits on sale at Whole Foods or from Baby Bargains or consignment stores. All of the stores I have mentioned have really good sales. You have to get the out of season stuff sometimes, but they will cost as little as $2. I used to work at Baby Gap, and we marked stuff down once a week to as low as 1.97 for shirt (The seven at the end always indicates it is the lowest price it will be) and 2.97 for pants. So I would try any of those stores or on line. Gymboree also has the Gymbucks thing where you spend so much and get money for next time. Last time I got $50 towards a purchase of $100 and got a TON of clothes! i am pregnant with my third boy, and have been dealing with this for 6 years now
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #20
Babybird4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am pg with my first boy after two girls and I have always heard people say they didn't like the selection with boys. Since buying boy clothes I have been really excited about what I have found. I love the idea of dressing him like a little man instead of a little princess (don't get me wrong...I love my princesses. ) But I haven't ran into much I didn't like. I do understand not wanting the "daddy" stuff though. I don't really get into those with titles like that anyway so that wouldn't bother me. I did buy a whole bunch at our local consignment sale and found a lot of older collections. Yes, Carter's fall collection has TONS of monkeys! But if you look at older collections you might find more puppies, bears, etc. The good thing is that in the spring you might find a theme you like better in the current styles.