Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: May I Please Rant About Baby Boy Clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
Try the thrift stores...a lot of the older boys clothes are really cute. I got all of DS's clothes from rummage sales and used from people. I don't think I paid more than $25 total on everything he's worn so far. He only has maybe 2 or 3 things that have dad or daddy on them.
I agree, there are tons of secondhand clothes that I find more appealing than what I can afford in new lines. And you can see how they hold up since they have already been through the wash and daily use.

Advertisement

Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love H&M for boy clothes, the sizing is set up a bit different but they have awesome little man styles
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like to get plain onesies and paint a simple design on the front. You can get some really crisp outlines by ironing a freezer paper template on the onesie, and you can put anything you want on the shirt, not just monkeys. You can find some pretty fun baby clothing designs on Etsy, too.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I have one son, he is almost 3 and I totally agree! I can walk into any store and find great clothing for my girls, but I typically shop online for the boychild. I have found good stuff at Crazy 8, and they have great sales.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #25
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I get frusterated as well with the lack of choices for boys... baby and up! DS#1 is almost 5 and currently his wardrobe consists of tshirts with Phineas & Ferb, Mario Bros, Spongebob, and zombies! It is so hard to find him clothes that aren't "character" items!

DS#2 has a pretty good mix of clothes but he's currently wearing a one-piece outfit that says baby brothers rock with a rock looking skull... not really my favorite but it's laundry day
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #26
EmilyDan
Registered Users

I love baby boy clothes! Vests, bib overalls, argyle, love them all! I just bought my nephew an adorable little outfit - red and brown plaid button-up with brown corduroy pants. Too cute! Based on what you're looking for, I agree with one of the previous posters who recommended Old Navy. If you're one of those people who can pay off the balance on their credit card every month so they never pay interest, I would recommend getting an Old Navy credit card. Once a month or so they send you a coupon for anywhere from 20% to 50% off and it's good on sale and clearance items. Good luck!
EmilyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #27
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Disney actually has some really cute body suits (with two rows of crotch snaps, so they last a little longer). They used to have an adorable "Pirates" set that wasn't overly character-y (if that makes sense). DD has a great set of Nemo onesies that are meant for boys, I guess, but I have found tons of cute boy stuff that I put on her. But, we do like monkeys, so that helps.

Costco actually has a decent Carter's selection and I would check out Old Navy, they have some cute layette stuff including sheep, puppies and giraffes and tons of GN stuff that is really sweet without "Daddy's little _______" whatever. I also hate the stuff that says "Handsome like daddy" . . . like men need more ego boosts, amIright?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm in the minority. After 2 girls, I love buying clothes for ds. Yes, the selection is more limited than for girls but most of the time I think there is too much girl stuff to pick from so that doesn't bother. Yes, there are lots of things I don't like but that is true of the girls clothes too. Actually there is much more I disapprove of in the girls department than in the boys. I have a much easier time finding boys clothes that look like they are for little boys than girls clothes - the girls they want to dress like teenagers way too soon.

We mostly shop at khols but I had good luck getting ds a bunch of stuff at target this year as well. I like monkeys though so that isn't a problem (but we have no monkey clothes this fall but have had a ton in the last couple years).
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #29
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I also really dislike the negative sayings like "here comes trouble".
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #30
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I am having a boy after a dd and I have actually been surprised with the boy stuff available. I do a lot of gymboree and Janie and Jack clearance. I also like children's place and crazy 8. I love monkeys though. It does seem like all boy items are monkeys, camo, and puppies.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote