Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Too pump or not to pump-WWYD?

I just had my daughter three weeks ago and I chose to pump to relieve engorgement. I'm now up to ~ 230 oz in the freezer. I'm pumping twice a day - once in the morning after she nurses and once at night after she goes to bed. I haven't been engorged in over a week. I'm glad I'm getting all these ounces stockpiled too, just in case. With my son, I didn't pump at all until he was a month and a half old. It was very hard to get a decent freezer supply built-up. I'm very glad that I started immediately this time around, even if it did feed into my engorgement for a little longer than necessary. I'll start pumping right away again with my next LO.

Liz (12 yrs), Jake (Feb '10), Josie (Sept '12), & Josh (Sept '13)
My 365:
ashley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
I had a similar experience. I've been pumping as needed to relieve the engorgement, and I have a little frozen milk now so that's nice. Massaging your breast & hand-expressing in a warm shower also helps.

I am glad I started occasional pumping early. With my DS, I didn't pump until he was a month old & had trouble getting up a good stockpile when I returned to work. While I have not been away from DD yet, the engorgement was less than with DS, & I like having a little freezer stash early.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote