Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
javabean66
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How to stop using boob as a pacifier?

I formula fed my oldest, she took a paci till she was 3.... My middle child was breast fed and wouldn't touch a paci... my 9.5 week old DS is breast fed also & thinks I'm his paci... I think it's just part of breastfeeding... lol

Advertisement

javabean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I am home, DS2 wants the breast. Period. End of story. He was taking a binky for naps and for evening comfort sucking when he wanted comfort sucking but my milk just would not stop. Now it looks like he has almost totally weaned from his binky, but still wants the breast for comfort. Totally normal. I don't think there is a way to move comfort sucking from breast to binky if you are there. The breast is the real pacifier, the binky is just an artificial substitute.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

My almost one year old hated the pacifier- my boobs were the only thing that she liked. I also have a three year old and a five year old so it was very hard for me to let her use me as a human pacifier all of the time- lets just say she spent a lot of time in my Beco so that she had the comfort of being close to me but I still was able to get things done.

I can tell that she is not going to want to give up breastfeeding anytime soon so even though I was looking forward to burning my nursing bras I guess I am going to let her wean herself- though I can't really complain because there is just something magical about looking down at your sweet baby nursing.
essential1892 is offline   Reply With Quote