Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I feel like an idiot. DD and I walked to the playground this afternoon. I took my house key off my big carabiner clip bc I didnt need my car keys, etc. locked the door, dropped keys in our bag with 2 balls, and set off. One hour later at the playground i realize that keys are missing. Luckily my phone was in my pocket.
The only other people at the playground were two young (like 7?) kids who seemed completely unsupervised (one had no shoes...). I didnt wander off but did occasionally take my eyes off the bag so i could keep an eye on DD :/. So house keys and all my little keytag things are missing. Dh is going to home depot when he gets off work so we can change the locks
1 I just feel like an idiot for not putting them in my pocket.
2 what precautions would you take re the tags? It was cvs, gym, church nursery, and i think that was it. An old dog tag of my dogs with an address we lived at in a different state five years ago. her first name but thats it. i can call everyone but how worried would you be about the address?

+ + +

Last edited by DottieHarley; 10-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Well unless they know where you live it's highly unlikely they will be able to use them to get in your house ya know? I had my keys stolen last year and they never showed back up. Never had a problem but we've gotten a new car and moved since then. They had keys to my church and the baseball park snack bar and stuff. LOL all because it had a cute little Tupperware toy keychain I'm sure.

Eta- you added while I was responding. :-)
Well I don't think you can get much info off those CVS cards or anything and if you're changing the locks than there isn't much else they can do. If anything they'll get some extra coupons or your extra bucks. You can request a new account I suppose for those tags. Not sure how that works.

Eta again... What do you think they will do with this info? I'm kinda confused.
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss

Last edited by TwinKristi; 10-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Keys stolen, what precautions would you take?

I do not think they can get much personal information from those tags. If you are worried, you can always email or call the companies and let them know so they might be able to put something in the notes of your acct or something
loni1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Keys stolen, what precautions would you take?

It happens (I've done worse lol)...I wouldn't worry too much either but nothing wrong with calling up the companies and getting the tags cancelled.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote