Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do you like your Alva newborns???

First, forgive me if this has already been posted

My very first alva newborn (in velcro) arrived in the mail recently and I am VERY impressed! The quality is amazing and it looks like it could easily fit slim and chubby babies alike! And...all for $5 including shipping!!!! I already have a stash of newborn fitteds, and have made 8 or so newborn pockets, and have a few aios too, but am tempted to buy a bunch of these alva newborns just to make my life that much easier! (DH prefers pockets over fitteds/aios and Itd be nice to have the option to skip laundry for a few days if life gets too hectic with 2 littles).

Ive read a few posts in other threads about peoples love for the alva newborns. Before I buy more, what has your experience been with the alva newborns? Pics are welcome!! TIA Mamas

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

I don't have an answer but I am interested in what other people have to say about this too! Thinking about trying out a few for myself for the baby coming in May!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you like your Alva newborns???

Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
MtnHarmony
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would love to know as well as I have seen these, but also wondering if you would mind sharing where you got them for $5 with shipping.
MtnHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

bump!
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got them on eBay!!! just type in alva newborn velcro diaper and it should pop up!...seller is "good seller" or something like that. It only took about 2-3 weeks to arrive...Ive already ordered another one, but wanted to get opinions before I bought a complete stash!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

you want pictures, here you go!

So to start off, there is a "older style" and "newer style" that I have found - The older ones were narrower:

pink is old, orange is new

Because they were narrower they are next to IMPOSIBLE to stuff, and the inserts are a little to big for the diaper, so I cut down the sides of the inserts

I didn't like the old ones, they were fantastic for the first couple weeks, then they were too narrow I wish I would have know that they all were not like that!!! If I would have known I would have bought A LOT MORE!!!!!!!! I finally caved and bought more, and got the new wider ones, but by then Lulu had pretty much outgrown them at 3 months.

Anyway, even the new ones are SOOOOOOO hard to stuff, so I cut a second pocket hole in all of mine, the suede cloth doesn't run or anything, it worked FANTASTIC, and I do it to ALL my pockets now!

Here is Lulu at 3 months wearing one, as you can see, they still fit fantastic, but the absorbancy was pretty much done. I switched to a bamboo insert and that got us through a little longer, but she started having major side leaks, I think there just wasn't enough between her legs to absorb fast enough.

The leg elastic was perfect, just tight enough, but not too tight, and NO GAPS AT ALL (I only used velcro ones so the snaps might be different)

And the booty, good coverage, but no extra bulk - she could wear same-size pants with these!!!

Last edited by Catbutt Diapers; 10-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Catbutt Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the info and pics!!! The one I have is not at all tough to stuff (I must have a newer one). Ive even stuffed it with a trifolded GMD orange edge prefold (just to see if it would work for when I needed more absorbency) and it seemed to stuff easily with no issues.

I will keep your ideas in mind though! Thats a great idea to add another pocket if needed. That way, it could agitate out in the wash and I wouldnt have to unstuff lol!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Yes the newer ones were way way way better to stuff! As you can see in the first pic - there was a BIG width difference! I wish I would have known, but then with Alva, you never know if you are getting new or old stock...
Old 10-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

We ordered them through the co-op this summer and havent used them yet. Im bummed because there is absolutely no way i can fit my hand in to stuff the pocket. I didnt know there was a new and old version.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote