Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #31
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
Holy sheep! I'm so glad he is okay! Man, moments like that just make you want to hug your loved ones tight. I hope everything works out with the truck.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads
THEY FIXED MY SERGER THEY FIXED MY SERGER THEY FIXED IT!! (Yes, I am screaming that happily!). They originally told me they thought it would need to be replaced. I've been freaking out for a week about it, but they FIXED IT! I'm going to pick it up this afternoon. I will be SO happy to get back to work.
YAY!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #33
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
How scary! I'm glad he's okay. Sorry about the truck.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #34
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Yay for a fixed serger.

Oh my, that is so very scary! I am so happy that he is okay.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Oh my gosh, slimy! How scary!

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good news today! The insurance is having us take it to their repair center. They will appraise it and cut us a check for the estimate. Then we can take it to our prefered body shop and get it fixed. AND they are dropping the at fault part of the claim against dh because he was the driver of the tractor. Basically they were going to pay the repairs either way, but one way they would then go after him as the driver of the other vehicle. But they determined since it is a vehicle that doesn't need insurance and he wasn't driving it on a road they would drop it and just pay the repair. Yay, so now just have to pay our $500 deductable and we're done. Didn't want to have to spend the money but it is looking like at least a $2K repair bill so I'm glad we just have $500 to pay.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #37
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

slimy, I am so happy for you that your dh is safe and sound!

AFM: I am sick as sick can be. It is awful, so far I have missed two shifts of work, plus we got take out for dinner because I just can't do anything and dh is a mess in the kitchen. I hope I'm feeling somewhat better tomorrow because I have to take my dd1 shopping for riding pants and boots (and that is NOT going to be cheap). Ugh, I HATE being sick, it drains any and every bit of energy right out of me.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

But on the plus side, we paid off a small cc this week $470! Yay!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yay for a fixed serger.

Quote:
Good news today! The insurance is having us take it to their repair center. They will appraise it and cut us a check for the estimate. Then we can take it to our prefered body shop and get it fixed. AND they are dropping the at fault part of the claim against dh because he was the driver of the tractor. Basically they were going to pay the repairs either way, but one way they would then go after him as the driver of the other vehicle. But they determined since it is a vehicle that doesn't need insurance and he wasn't driving it on a road they would drop it and just pay the repair. Yay, so now just have to pay our $500 deductable and we're done. Didn't want to have to spend the money but it is looking like at least a $2K repair bill so I'm glad we just have $500 to pay.
Super scary! So glad he is alright and that you only have to pay $500.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #40
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
slimy, I am so happy for you that your dh is safe and sound!

AFM: I am sick as sick can be. It is awful, so far I have missed two shifts of work, plus we got take out for dinner because I just can't do anything and dh is a mess in the kitchen. I hope I'm feeling somewhat better tomorrow because I have to take my dd1 shopping for riding pants and boots (and that is NOT going to be cheap). Ugh, I HATE being sick, it drains any and every bit of energy right out of me.
SS your sick. That stinks. Hope you feel better soon!