Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #31
MamanMoore's Avatar
MamanMoore
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 505
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
Holy sheep! I'm so glad he is okay! Man, moments like that just make you want to hug your loved ones tight. I hope everything works out with the truck.

Advertisement

__________________
Catholic Maman to 6 , 3 and 1
And wife to my blessing of a DH 2007
MamanMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
emilyrebekah's Avatar
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 3,733
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads
THEY FIXED MY SERGER THEY FIXED MY SERGER THEY FIXED IT!! (Yes, I am screaming that happily!). They originally told me they thought it would need to be replaced. I've been freaking out for a week about it, but they FIXED IT! I'm going to pick it up this afternoon. I will be SO happy to get back to work.
YAY!!!
__________________
Christian wife of Scott (m. 4/2010) Mama to Alex 12/11... w/TWINS ETA 8/2014...Ebates...Swagbucks
emilyrebekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #33
LadybugMonkey's Avatar
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,086
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
How scary! I'm glad he's okay. Sorry about the truck.
__________________
Christine ~ married with 2 wonderful children Monkey(0 5.11.2009) and Ladybug (01.21.11)
LadybugMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #34
MotherMoonPads's Avatar
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Medford, Oregon
Posts: 20,638
My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
Oh my, that is so very scary! I am so happy that he is okay.
__________________
Denelle, WAHM to Gwen (17) Z (17)Ezekiel (6) Eleanor (my homebirth baby is now 4!)
MotherMoonPads Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads, Restocking Daily, Quick Shipping!
Saving your body & the Earth, One cycle at a time
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
ChelseaGirl7's Avatar
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,198
Oh my gosh, slimy! How scary!

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
__________________
Chelsea SAHM to ASD Nate 1-07, preemie peanut Emma Lynn 7-08, Clara Elizabeth 2-10 and Jonathan Connor 10-11 Wife to highschool sweetheart Z
ChelseaGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Good news today! The insurance is having us take it to their repair center. They will appraise it and cut us a check for the estimate. Then we can take it to our prefered body shop and get it fixed. AND they are dropping the at fault part of the claim against dh because he was the driver of the tractor. Basically they were going to pay the repairs either way, but one way they would then go after him as the driver of the other vehicle. But they determined since it is a vehicle that doesn't need insurance and he wasn't driving it on a road they would drop it and just pay the repair. Yay, so now just have to pay our $500 deductable and we're done. Didn't want to have to spend the money but it is looking like at least a $2K repair bill so I'm glad we just have $500 to pay.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #37
redsonja's Avatar
redsonja
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,188
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

slimy, I am so happy for you that your dh is safe and sound!


AFM: I am sick as sick can be. It is awful, so far I have missed two shifts of work, plus we got take out for dinner because I just can't do anything and dh is a mess in the kitchen. I hope I'm feeling somewhat better tomorrow because I have to take my dd1 shopping for riding pants and boots (and that is NOT going to be cheap). Ugh, I HATE being sick, it drains any and every bit of energy right out of me.
__________________
AF Veteran, AF Wife, Proud mama to DD1 (04-96), and DD2 (11-06). http://redsonjafinancialfreedom.blogspot.de/
redsonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
redsonja's Avatar
redsonja
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,188
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

But on the plus side, we paid off a small cc this week $470! Yay!
__________________
AF Veteran, AF Wife, Proud mama to DD1 (04-96), and DD2 (11-06). http://redsonjafinancialfreedom.blogspot.de/
redsonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
sweetgrace's Avatar
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,850
My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Yay for a fixed serger.

AFM, what a day. I was doing good. Got a good workout, was just thinking what a great day it had been, when dh got home, in tears sobbing, shaking and completely not understandable. Once I got him calmed down, came to find out he almost died tonight. He was trying to load a dead tractor, he was standing on the steps while someone else was in the seat he was showing them how to work the hydraulics (that supposedly didn't work since it didn't run) it made the tractor jump and knocked dh off balance, he fell under the wheel as it started rolling. He managed to hold himself up and not get run over until on of his students could pull him out. He said it shook him up but apparently it was bad enough several of his students burst into tears because they thought he was about to die too. Well that part is good he's safe and sound, but shaken. Well, now for the financial part, when it started rolling, it had no brakes and they couldn't steer and the run away tractor hit his truck. It took out his tail gate and the back of his bed. He's put a call into insurance (it's full coverage) and we think they are going to take care of it minus our $500 deductible. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's alive and well. Trucks can fix even if I'm not excited about spending the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Good news today! The insurance is having us take it to their repair center. They will appraise it and cut us a check for the estimate. Then we can take it to our prefered body shop and get it fixed. AND they are dropping the at fault part of the claim against dh because he was the driver of the tractor. Basically they were going to pay the repairs either way, but one way they would then go after him as the driver of the other vehicle. But they determined since it is a vehicle that doesn't need insurance and he wasn't driving it on a road they would drop it and just pay the repair. Yay, so now just have to pay our $500 deductable and we're done. Didn't want to have to spend the money but it is looking like at least a $2K repair bill so I'm glad we just have $500 to pay.
Super scary! So glad he is alright and that you only have to pay $500.
__________________
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #40
sweetgrace's Avatar
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,850
My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
slimy, I am so happy for you that your dh is safe and sound!


AFM: I am sick as sick can be. It is awful, so far I have missed two shifts of work, plus we got take out for dinner because I just can't do anything and dh is a mess in the kitchen. I hope I'm feeling somewhat better tomorrow because I have to take my dd1 shopping for riding pants and boots (and that is NOT going to be cheap). Ugh, I HATE being sick, it drains any and every bit of energy right out of me.
SS your sick. That stinks. Hope you feel better soon!
__________________
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.