Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #71
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

I think that's part of my problem. If I had bought a cheap $3K car I would be expecting a little repair. But I didn't I bought a $14K car and then had to put $1k work into it just 3 months later, and now it's acting funny again. Maybe I should just spend $3K on a car and call it a day, and just budget in repairs. IDK, now is not the right time for me to make decisions, I"m tired and feeling overwhelmed. Also, the FFS dipe you have on hyena cart is SOO cute, I couldn't resist entering. It's a big step for me to be able to look at baby stuff again just a month after my last loss, but it showed up on my facebook feed and I didn't cry so I'm making progress, and then I couldn't resist entering. Hoping for a rainbow baby soon so I have a reason to shop.
Exactly!!!! Without our warranty it would have cost us thousands....

And I'm sorry if my pictures make you sad

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #72
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 15 - Oct 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
Exactly!!!! Without our warranty it would have cost us thousands....

And I'm sorry if my pictures make you sad :cry:
Nope, today is the first day in a long time that they didn't! I saw that and I actually got a little excited and hopeful that my new dr. may find something and figure out how to finally make things work for me. So it was actually a good feeling to see a cute dipe and feel excited.

And I hear you on the warranty. Unfortunately, $1k of our bill was just what WASN"T covered under the warranty. The rest was. I'm just frustrated with junk. At least of I spent a small amount I'd be expecting junk, but thinking you're buying an almost new car and getting junk is no fun.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #73
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Nope didn't happen at school. It's considered "no man's tractor". It was donated to the school by a family. Family says they donated it, school says it's not on our property yet so there for not ours until we take delivery. So nobody wants to claim the tractor. Dh explained all of that to the insurance and they are covering it as a no fault claim.

I'm sorry for your loss, but what a legacy to give your family by your wise use of the money.

YAY!! Progress in any form is awesome.

Congrats!

AFM, just got back from a fun weekend away with dh for our 10th anniversary. Probably spent more than we should have but it was just what I needed to be ready to face the world again. We did a lot of talking, praying, and thinking about what our future holds and where we should be heading. We came to some conclusions that are not completely in line with DR principals but we are at peace with them. We feel like we need to get rid of my car asap. I thought we would be buying a small hatchback, but even though I like driving it fine, neither of us have a good feeling about it. We feel very much like we should be buying something a bit bigger. We did a lot of figuring and after over a year and a half of being totally debt free except the house we feel like we should take on a moderate amount of debt to secure a car that will make us feel comfortable. We both came up with the number of 10K. So that puts us with our trade in and cash on hand at financing about a $20-22K vehicle. It's a lot for a car, I feel silly wanting to spend that much on something that will be worthless in 10 years, but we both feel good about it when we really evaluate our situation so that's what we are going to do. We also won't be snowballing it right away. For now we are filling a storm cloud account. We aren't exactly sure what that money is to be used for but we feel we need to. We have our FFEF but don't feel we should empty it. So I"m not sure if that money we are stockpiling is going to be needed for fertility treatments, or something else. If we find we don't end up needing it we'll pay the car off with it. Anyway, crazy un DR plan but I needed to acknowledge it just the same. We were so strict DR for so long but right now we are seeing that it just isn't the perfect solution for our family. Yes we could wait until this summer until we have the cash in hand, but we really feel like our car needs to go now before something else on it breaks and it's worth even less.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing what is right for your family even if it isn't officially the DR way.

This week was a wash for us. We survived, but I'll be making up some things next week. It will all work out in the end though
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #74
hsleonard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Feeling Blah about finances and paying off debt and all of my tried and true tricks are not working Don't get me wrong we are doing good and putting a decent amount each month towards debt, but we have lost our fire.
When we started DR we had our backs to the wall and it was a matter of survival to pay off the debt. Here we are 2 years later and we are not half way to being debt free. now our debt was huge 220k not counting the house so if you think about it in numbers we have come really far, but the sense of urgency is gone, therefor we are not being gazelle at all.
Just needed to vent because I am afraid that we are going to get comfortable with our remaining debts and I don't want that at all.
Thirty-one gifts
Come swag with me!!! I have earned over $100 in amazon gift cards so far
Zycon Foods -"saving money on high-quality food products."
hsleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #75
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleonard View Post
Feeling Blah about finances and paying off debt and all of my tried and true tricks are not working Don't get me wrong we are doing good and putting a decent amount each month towards debt, but we have lost our fire.
When we started DR we had our backs to the wall and it was a matter of survival to pay off the debt. Here we are 2 years later and we are not half way to being debt free. now our debt was huge 220k not counting the house so if you think about it in numbers we have come really far, but the sense of urgency is gone, therefor we are not being gazelle at all.
Just needed to vent because I am afraid that we are going to get comfortable with our remaining debts and I don't want that at all.
I have been there so many times! but hey, half way means $110K paid off, HOLY MOLY that's amazing. You are doing awesome. We did take a "break month" once when we needed motivation. We took that month's snowball and budgeted for all the stuff we had been wanting. The month before we both started making lists of all the things we felt deprived of and wanted. Then when it was time to make the month's budget we prioritized our lists from most important to least important and put an amount out to the side that it would cost. Then we took the snowball for that month and budgeted all those things. We justified it by saying, Hey we used a budget that's the DR way right? It did exactly what we hoped. It got us feeling like we could spend something and not totally derail the plan and gave us the renewed energy again to keep going. I'm not saying it's the right way or DR endorsed but it did work for us to get up that drive to get moving again. The other thing we noticed, was hey,when all this debt is paid off think of all the things we can do. It gave us a little taste of the "end" and made us want to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing what is right for your family even if it isn't officially the DR way.

This week was a wash for us. We survived, but I'll be making up some things next week. It will all work out in the end though
So sorry. Hoping next week is better for you.

AFM, started looking at used cars last night and everything I like is within 1-2K of the new cars I liked, that hardly seems worth it. Now, the used ones have more features, but I really don't care about that.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote