Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Help me find jeans that FIT!

For dd. She is 14 months, very long and has no butt- this means none of the cute little jeans fit her. She needs a 12 month in width but then they're too short. 18 month pants are way too baggy everywhere and look awful. On a regular basis she wears tunics with leggings/tights just because this is what works for her skinny body but I want some regular pants too. What should we try? Tcp 18 mo is too wide. We do have one pair of Garamimals jeggings that are really cute on.

Thanks!

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I found a really cute pair of colored jeans at Old Navy for my skinny DD. I got the 12-18 month size. Some of the colors are on sale for $9 and they fit her great. Plus, they're so adorable. Also, H&M has some that fit her really well too, although I have to get 9-12 month size.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help me find jeans that FIT!

Is she in cloth diapers? Even though DD had (has) no butt, finding jeans w/ a rise high enough to fit over CDs was always a challenge. For over CDs, I really liked the Riders brand jeans (I think you can get them at KMart). I also find that the Arizona brand from Penney's is slim enough to fit DD through the hip & butt, but long enough to fit. Oh, we also have good luck w/ Land's End pants & jeans...I shop for a lot of DD's pants & shoes in their overstock section. I find their fit guides on the website to be very accurate, so you should be able to get a good idea whether they'd work or not.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Old Navy? I just got DD some 18-24 ON jeans, they're cut slim and they have an adjustable waistband.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have this problem too with my super skinny 20 month old. We did find some adjustable waist jeans at Walmart. I cannot believe how few brands carry adjustable waist jeans for sizes under 2T. We also have resorted to a few overalls from carters.

At least with girls you have leggings.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyous
I found a really cute pair of colored jeans at Old Navy for my skinny DD. I got the 12-18 month size. Some of the colors are on sale for $9 and they fit her great. Plus, they're so adorable. Also, H&M has some that fit her really well too, although I have to get 9-12 month size.
I will check out ON. I don't ever go there because their stuff doesn't fit me well. Does H&M run big, is that why you buy smaller? Would I be okay to buy online?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Is she in cloth diapers? Even though DD had (has) no butt, finding jeans w/ a rise high enough to fit over CDs was always a challenge. For over CDs, I really liked the Riders brand jeans (I think you can get them at KMart). I also find that the Arizona brand from Penney's is slim enough to fit DD through the hip & butt, but long enough to fit. Oh, we also have good luck w/ Land's End pants & jeans...I shop for a lot of DD's pants & shoes in their overstock section. I find their fit guides on the website to be very accurate, so you should be able to get a good idea whether they'd work or not.
She's not anymore. That's part of the problem. Because she's so skinny, CDs made clothes fit better. Now she doesn't fit in anything!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESMama
We have this problem too with my super skinny 20 month old. We did find some adjustable waist jeans at Walmart. I cannot believe how few brands carry adjustable waist jeans for sizes under 2T. We also have resorted to a few overalls from carters.

At least with girls you have leggings.
My almost 5yo DS had this problem when he was little too. He lived in warm-ups and wool.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried Project Pamona? They are on etsy (and they have their own site too) they are made for cloth diapers and have adjustable hip snaps for fit. She has really pretty cuff fabrics that allow the pants to adjust and (supposedly) fit for longer. Her size 1 is supposed to fit from 3 to 9 months, the sizes go up from there. (i just got a pair and they are pretty nice so far)
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have one pair of Carters will an elastic waist made of t-shirt material that I love. But mostly, my girls have done leggings or jean overalls. We have about 5 pairs of overalls.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #10
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had this problem when my daughter was out of diapers. Tall, thin. Gap makes skinny jeans with adjustable waist. I would size up, cinch and cuff.

But really, I stuck/stick to leggings and dresses.

I can see this problem (for us) is cyclical. Right now my daughter looks silly in some 4t pants because they are an inch above her ankle. 5ts are too baggy. She is just growing really fast and I try to keep up. I don't get longevity from jeans.

Last edited by danielle; 10-16-2012 at 06:02 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote