Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Arggggh I came home to a message on my machine that my ultrasound tomorrow has to be rescheduled!
... I am being hormonal and sad.
Oh I get this! I was hormonal and sad all day yesterday for the same reason! It SUCKS!

Quote:
Cynthia- I wouldn't worry about being off in your measurements a little bit. It's not an accurate measurement, just a guideline. That being said, I get being worried. That's what moms do
I agree! Babies grow like taffy, sometimes they get wide and put on weight and sometimes they get tall. I wouldn't worry too much, I hope you get some clarification soon!

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama7 View Post
Be careful taking that much tylenol at a time. More than 1000mg at a time can cause liver damage, and you should also not exceed 4000mg in a day. I'm sorry you are in pain And fingers crossed you get the job!
That's actually not true.
Vicodin is 5/500 and has acetaminophen and frequently we give two at a time.
Liver damage is related to frequent long term abuse of tylenol over YEARS, i usually take ibuprofen, but clearly at this point can't.

4 Grams would be 8 pills. I took three.. Think i'm good.

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ultrasound rescheduled for Friday. Not horrible, I guess. It was the only open slot left this week, too!

As soon as I got home last night, out came the doppler. Addicted, maybe? A whole week without the reassurance was tough, plus I was so busy that I didn't notice much movement. Well, the little heart was thumping away and kiddo has been kicking me like crazy since then. Maybe someone else is happy to be home?

I have no real food in the house since we were gone, so I'm making pumpkin cake for lunch I took vanilla cake mix, and added a can of pumpkin (instead of eggs, etc) and some cinnamon and nutmeg. No frosting. It's almost nutritious...
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
As soon as I got home last night, out came the doppler. Addicted, maybe? A whole week without the reassurance was tough, plus I was so busy that I didn't notice much movement. Well, the little heart was thumping away and kiddo has been kicking me like crazy since then. Maybe someone else is happy to be home?
I wish I had a doppler right now for the same reason!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samham View Post
Hey ladies. Had my monthly OB appointment today. They said everything looks good. Nothing they can do about my back/tailbone/leg/pelvic bone pain. Already wearing a support belt but doesn't seem to help and insurance doesn't cover chiro so we will see how it goes. Did find out the hospital ordered birthing tubs so I'm hopeful they will be there in time for us to use them. Really don't want an epidural or pain meds, just a nice relaxing (haha) birth.
I'm struggling with the back/sciatic thing too. Do you have an HSA or Flex Plan? I know that you can often pay for chiros using those (that's what I'm doing). It seems to be helping. If not, I recommend trying some prenatal yoga. The flexibility & balance exercises can really help to relieve prenatal back pain. Maybe not totally make it go away, but make it feel a little more manageable. Also, you might also look into physical therapy for some exercises to help. Hope you start feeling better.

Quote:
I tried to fetoscope today but I guess it's still to early to hear the heartbeat with it. But, the little one did give a few nice kicks to the head of the fetoscope, which I heard (and felt) loud & clear!
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
samham
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row

I'm struggling with the back/sciatic thing too. Do you have an HSA or Flex Plan? I know that you can often pay for chiros using those (that's what I'm doing). It seems to be helping. If not, I recommend trying some prenatal yoga. The flexibility & balance exercises can really help to relieve prenatal back pain. Maybe not totally make it go away, but make it feel a little more manageable. Also, you might also look into physical therapy for some exercises to help. Hope you start feeling better.

I tried to fetoscope today but I guess it's still to early to hear the heartbeat with it. But, the little one did give a few nice kicks to the head of the fetoscope, which I heard (and felt) loud & clear!
I have tricare, it's military insurance. I am gonna see if I can find some prenatal yoga classes or at least order a dvd.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #27
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

QOTW: I loooove the beach! I'd like to take a Mediterranean cruise and see the European coast. Some day!

I've been reading from my phone since our laptop cord is still broken. Sometimes on the tablet but I hate that I can't copy/paste things on the tablet. Grrrr! I've been good about shopping since our scan Monday morning. Only bought 3 cute outfits while we were out Monday afternoon. However, I think etsy might be the death of me with all the adorable headbands and hats!

My lower tailbone has started hurting along with my hips. Is that sciatic pain? I don't think I've ever had that before so I'm not sure what it feels like.

Last edited by TS8213; 10-18-2012 at 11:09 AM.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #28
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Qotw: right now I'd love to go back to Disneyland. I love it there. But I'd also like a cruise to the Bahamas.

Afm: sorry I haven't been posting too much on the weekly threads. Just been busy. I've cut down my hours working (I do eyelash extensions and waxing on the side) to only twice a month and I am so full those days that I need 2 weeks to recover. Lol not really, but sitting for hours leaning over another person is getting uncomfortable. Naming this baby is getting closer and closer. Thank god. I full on sobbed several times about names and not agreeing with my husband at all. Hopefully we can decide soon. I need the baby to have a name. It helps me bond. Thanks for reading! Hope everyone has a good week!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #29
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mom2lucy: Naming the baby helps me bond too!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Been super busy at work... havne't been able to stay caught up here.... the house is a MESS (and I'm not exagerating, not even a little bit).... the kids are watching too much TV and having too many "treats" because it's easier than saying no.... hubs feels neglected, BUT...

We're getting some things crossed off our master t0-do list for before baby comes... I'm loving having that thing stickied here!
Lately, hubby refinished a lawnsale find dresser into an entertainment center (I posted it in craft chat show and tell)... we needed the other "entertainment center" back in the baby's room because it's our diaper changing table!
Also, found out from my mom that my Great Aunt is coming to visit for Thansgiving and she's already made a baby blanket for baby! That's a HUGE relief off my list! She made the one my dd attached herself to, my mom made my sons (because G. Aunt forgot to give him something?) ... but looks like baby #3 will be set, means I don't have to ask my mom to do it or try to scramble and make one myself... I knit so slowly!

3 weeks more until gender day!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote