Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #31
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Alrighty so we had the gender scan and it was immediately very obvious that we are having a boy! I'm a little bummed because I was really hoping for a sister for DD (because I never had one) but we plan on having more so maybe she'll get a sister eventually! Now I just need to think of all of the happy things that come along with little boys and get to crackin on a boy name.

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #32
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

happy things that come with boys???!!! boys are awesome!! they have the best toys, well for me anyway. i was never a girly girl so i'm loving my son's hot wheels and planes and dinosaurs and their imaginations are just crazy!!! they really aren't into the princess movies so you get to watch kung fu panda and madagascar and movies like that! i can't say enough about boys they are just so much fun! oh and think to the future when he is going through puberty and his voice cracks and squeaks, lol. so much fun!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #33
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
Alrighty so we had the gender scan and it was immediately very obvious that we are having a boy! I'm a little bummed because I was really hoping for a sister for DD (because I never had one) but we plan on having more so maybe she'll get a sister eventually! Now I just need to think of all of the happy things that come along with little boys and get to crackin on a boy name.
I felt the same way at first when I found out #2 was a boy I also never had a sister....so I was worried that DD wouldn't get a sister close enough in age. As it turns out, DS and DD1 are BEST friends! They have the most amazing bond and such a sweet relationship! Baby #3 was a girl...so there is a 4 year gap between DD1 and DD2...which I think will work out well given their temperments...DD2 is very strong willed and bossy

Now the reason why I'm going to hopefully abandon team green in 2 weeks and 4 days....DS is completely sure that this baby is a boy. If it isn't, I'm gong to have some work to do to convince him that a third sister will be fun

ETA: DS is a mama's boy...my girls become daddy's girls around age 2...but DS has always been my special buddy...it's really cute...so I bet you'll get to expeience that too

Last edited by happymama1; 10-18-2012 at 05:32 PM.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

While it would be nice for DD to have a sister and for room sharing, I am soooo happy this baby is a boy. They are so much fun! Once you get past all the boy noises and rough housing, they are so sweet and they REALLY love their mommas!! When they get too loud and physical, they can go outside and burn off that energy. And the more physically challenging, the better for them. Yeah, I really love being a boy momma!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
While it would be nice for DD to have a sister and for room sharing, I am soooo happy this baby is a boy. They are so much fun! Once you get past all the boy noises and rough housing, they are so sweet and they REALLY love their mommas!! When they get too loud and physical, they can go outside and burn off that energy. And the more physically challenging, the better for them. Yeah, I really love being a boy momma!
YES!!! boys are so extremely sweet and caring!!! my son's teacher loves how sweet my son is! they like to help too!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #36
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree with the PPers. Boys are great!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #37
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

My boy is definitely sweeter than my girl!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #38
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like hearing all these nice things about boys. I'm excited to have a boy, but pretty terrified too!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #39
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

It will be great Brittany! One of my friends had 5 girls and then a boy. He just turned 1 and we were talking about how delightfully different boys are. She was pretty amazed that even in that 1st year, there was such a remarkable difference.

UGH... my boys lovingly gave me their blasted cold! I am not feeling too terrible, but I think my nose is going to explode from all of the snot and pressure!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #40
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can you SEE baby kicks at 19 weeks? I swear that I can see/feel bulges on my right side, about belly button high. It looks just like baby is pushing out, but this soon? Kiddo is definitely kicking up a storm in there, and I don't think gas can make little bulges!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote