Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #51
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Hypnobabies certainly won't force you to be still. I'm totally fine having conversations and such. I was on a ball, in the water, tucking dd into bed lol. You learn how to be in your "center" where you are under hypnosis but totally your normal self. Especially since you have a fear of transition, hypnobabies would help you channel that fear and put it on the backburner. I didnt even know I was in transition. My body just started pushing and it was so amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 10-20-2012 at 08:59 AM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #52
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
I will talk to my midwife and look into hypno babies-I just didn't think it work work for me as I'm such a mover when I'm having contractions-I can't sit still for the life of me.
You might also look at hypnobirthing. I think there is a lot more flexibility in moving with contractions as it doesn't use the strict scripts like hypnobabies & uses more breathing techniques to get through the contractions & into a relaxed state. Also check out Birth From Within - there is a book out there and classes you could attend. It might work for you better. I agree about the hypnobabies. I attended a birth where the woman used it and I personally wouldn't be able to sit still during the contractions. I need to move with them. Good luck on whatever you choose.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #53
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I know of only one script and that is for your partner which he reads while you are learning. You don't use any scripts during labor and train yourself that with every breath you get more relaxed.

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 10-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #54
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama's. I have not looked at a deffinate price but I'm guessing that classes and coaching is going to be pricey. Since we are preparing for a 6 month unpaid mat leave I don't think there is room in the budget for extra's-we aren't even getting our beloved doula this time

My new midwife is VERY good. I have a lot of faith in her methods-she has already discussed some ideas that she thinks will help ease transition and we will deffinately working to get baby in a proper birthing position.

There is a deep part of me that just doesn't feel like a hypnosis type of person if that makes sense-I wish I was but I'm not. I have faith in my birth capiblities-I did have two children drug free except the bit of nitrous-one was posterior and very painful but I made it. I just wanted a bit more calm if I could have it but it's not like it's nuts or anything. Maeve's birth was actually very lovely-when it came time to push my contractions didn't even hurt anymore.

I'm going to talk to my midwife more-she suggest more bath tub time to keep the bottom loose instead of so much pressure of being on the ball-it will helps baby to move down during transition in a less painful manner.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #55
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
I know of only one script and that is for your partner which he reads while you are learning. You don't use any scripts during labor and train yourself that with every breath you get more relaxed.

The client that I worked with who used Hypnobabies (and also the associated doula training that I went through) used scripts and cd's while you were learning, and then also used a set of for use during labor. The mama used most of the script on cd by herself while she was in early labor, and then we also had them playing on the cd player in the room. At some point those cd's got turned off & I took over - but really helping her more with the cue words when a surge was coming on and then when it was over.

I'm sure there are a lot of different methods on how you use this and I can only speak to my one experience.

lilbitcrunchy - did you maybe do Hypnobirthing insteat of Hypnobabies? The breathing aspect of it sounds more like the "birthing" method and I know that they don't use scripts during labor. It's just all so confusing.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

Last edited by love2row; 10-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.
love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #56
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row

The client that I worked with who used Hypnobabies (and also the associated doula training that I went through) used scripts and cd's while you were learning, and then also used a set of for use during labor. The mama used most of the script on cd by herself while she was in early labor, and then we also had them playing on the cd player in the room. At some point those cd's got turned off & I took over - but really helping her more with the cue words when a surge was coming on and then when it was over.

I'm sure there are a lot of different methods on how you use this and I can only speak to my one experience.

lilbitcrunchy - did you maybe do Hypnobirthing insteat of Hypnobabies? The breathing aspect of it sounds more like the "birthing" method and I know that they don't use scripts during labor. It's just all so confusing.
Nope I bought the hypnobabies program from another mama for cheap and did the self study. I guess I wasn't viewing the tracks as scripts. They don't have to be playing in labor. My point was that in no way are you forced to be stuck on a chair with someone talking/reading to you to keep you hypnotized. It is completely possible to do it in your own and to be mobile. I used earbuds during early labor but didn't use it during active labor, just put myself in center. I didn't think it would work at all. I fell asleep every night listening to them, no idea how any of the tracks ended and I didn't even practice much during the day. But I know for a fact that at no time during my labor did I feel like the "pain" was too much. 100 % difference from my first where I was freaking out at even 2cm and the labor was shorter than my second.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum