Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well I will be the odd man out and say I plan to birth at a teaching hospital with an epidural.
I'm excited about this hospital bc it is the only one in my state certified as Baby Friendly by WHO. I had a fantastic labor and delivery with my first baby and plan do the same this time around. My biggest problem last time was recovery policies and dealing with things like rooming in-they kept asking me to send the baby to the nursery,and trying to supplement the baby when we were struggling with bf and lack of knowledge with their LC's. so this other hospital is known for requiring rooming in, strongly encouraging breast feeding and they check on you infrequently during your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #42
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2lucy
Well I will be the odd man out and say I plan to birth at a teaching hospital with an epidural.
I'm excited about this hospital bc it is the only one in my state certified as Baby Friendly by WHO. I had a fantastic labor and delivery with my first baby and plan do the same this time around. My biggest problem last time was recovery policies and dealing with things like rooming in-they kept asking me to send the baby to the nursery,and trying to supplement the baby when we were struggling with bf and lack of knowledge with their LC's. so this other hospital is known for requiring rooming in, strongly encouraging breast feeding and they check on you infrequently during your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
That sounds great
I hope the new hospital is everything you hope it is!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #43
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
That sounds great
I hope the new hospital is everything you hope it is!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Thanks! me too! you can never know exactly what the future holds, but I have hope.

ETA: I guess i should clarify, the hospital is new to me for L & D. Its an old hospital for the University here and I have used it a lot for other things and always had good experiences.

Last edited by Mom2lucy; 10-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #44
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Repeat c-section 39 weeks barring no complications my doctor would allow a VBA2C but we have decided that the risk is not for us and the likelihood of me having another c-section is high anyways.

My doctor is very supportive of my birth plans in regards to my sections though and my last one went well.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Planning on a natural, unmedicated birth at the local birthing center and have hired a doula this time around
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #46
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Natural birth with a midwife. I am still not sure if I want to do it at home or at her birth center. Will also be my 3rd VBAC.