Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
amarantha
Registered Users

Obgyn - Triad, NC

Hi everyone,

North Carolina mommas, I need to find an ob gyn doctor and I'm hoping someone can offer some recommendations. My physician does well woman care and exams, but as we're currently ttc, I'll need a dedicated ob gyn at some point hopefully, so I would like to go ahead and switch to get adjusted to the new doctor. That being said, I am having a hard time finding a female doctor apart from a clinic where I'll be rotated around with male docs too. (I know many women have no issues with male drs, but I really just prefer a female.)

I wish I was closer to Statesville or Chapel Hill, because I've heard great things about the birthing centers in both places. The local hospital doesnt allow water births to my knowledge. I hope to have a natural birth whenever the time comes, barring complications, so I don't want to have to change up docs all over again. Since it would be my first time having a baby, I'm not comfortable enough having to travel 50+ minutes or more if I'm in labor. And maybe I'm just being paranoid. I'm not opposed to the idea of a home birth either, but I feel like with my first I'll need all the help I can get not stressing out about if I'm doing things correctly and if everything is safe for the little one.

Anyway, anyone in or around Winston Salem or surrounding areas that can recommend anyone please? Or share what you did if you opted for a natural birth of any kind? Thank you!

Advertisement

amarantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
a.hillen
Registered Users

Re: Obgyn - Triad, NC

Did you find a place? I'm delivering at Natural Beginnings at the birth center!
a.hillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
Ashely1117
Registered Users

Re: Obgyn - Triad, NC

Following this post. We're new here and I'm looking for an OB-GYN also.
Ashely1117 is offline   Reply With Quote