Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM
My DD got her first 18" doll just after turning 5 and she's done great with it. Prior to that, she had a Corolle Vanilla doll, which is a smaller doll, but still quite nice. She was never into baby dolls and never played with them.

If you think your DD would play with a baby, I'd get a Bitty Baby from AG. If she doesn't want a baby, the Corolle is only $35 or so and still nice.
Thank you for this. I will be looking into these since my ODD isn't the best with her dolls..,

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not to hijack but if anyone is interested in a corolle doll I have a great one for a toddler new in box! It's a tidoo- it can go in the tub!
Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
kelly-renee
Registered Users

Re: AG for a toddler?

My mom got my daughter a corelle doll as an infant, she still loves it.

I gave my DD all of my old american girl dolls recently. She was 2 at the time. She LOVES them. I would not get her new dolls though, maybe find some used ones with already messed up hair? I have gone through and fixed the dolls hair several times, but two year olds are not good at brushing hair yet. It is so much fun watching her care for all of her babies. (My mil is going to make her some doll clothes for christmas too, so it has built in gift opportunities)
kelly-renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have numerous Corolle dolls here (yes, we have a lot of dolls, I have 5 daughters LOL) & we love them.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been wondering about this too. DD is 2.5 and loves her "babies", but is happy to play with my old Cabbage Patch preemie doll or any of her random stuffed animals. I was thinking about a BB for Xmas, but maybe I'll wait until her b-day when she's a bit older. Do kids tend to grow out of the BB stage?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i would get her a bitty baby!

on a side note my mom collected barbies for me (and i still get a barbie every eyar for christmas) and they are all still inthe boxes I was not allowed to play with them..drove me crazy
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolobug View Post
Not to hijack but if anyone is interested in a corolle doll I have a great one for a toddler new in box! It's a tidoo- it can go in the tub!
This is what we have- very much loved by my 4 year old. She has never asked to put her in the tub though and I haven't suggested it even though I know she is designed for it.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery
This is what we have- very much loved by my 4 year old. She has never asked to put her in the tub though and I haven't suggested it even though I know she is designed for it.
My lo's have a tidoo doll and have bathed w her for 2 years- no mold/mildew issues. AND corolle has amazing CS and stand behind their products 100%
Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #19
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaga View Post
I've been wondering about this too. DD is 2.5 and loves her "babies", but is happy to play with my old Cabbage Patch preemie doll or any of her random stuffed animals. I was thinking about a BB for Xmas, but maybe I'll wait until her b-day when she's a bit older. Do kids tend to grow out of the BB stage?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
My DS2 is 4. He plays with his sister a lot. This summer, I found a Bitty Twin Boy (with hair) at a garage sale for $25. He had 2 outfits. DS2 LOVES him. He's named Jake, from Jake and the Neverland Pirates . My daughter was never into babies, but DS2 thinks they are great and uses the Bitty Twin to play with the 18" AG dolls that DD has.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter got the original twins (girl with shorter hair) last year for Christmas (she was 3) and a Les Cheries Corell doll- she loves her twins and plays with them more now at 4, but at first she was much more into the Corell- it was much lighter for her to manipulate, work on dressing, and the hair is SO much easier to care for than the 18 inch dolls my older daughter has. Older DD is almost 8 and got two used dolls around age 6- hair was pretty loved, but I did the downy dunk and steamed it and she knows to use water, brush only with the doll brush etc, but I still have to help her care for it.

At two the bigger dolls would be very heavy, and hard to "play" with. We also have two bittys at our house, and I got several different ethnic bittys for our church nursery and all the kids from ages 1 to 8 love to play with them. All of our AG dolls get playtime, but I still help my 4 year old to dress her twins and bitty, especially with the shoes/socks.

I would get your daughter a bitty or a twin set for now, and then when you see how she does with them move on to the "big doll" when she is older (around 4.5/5 just for size for her to be able to dress and manipulate them)

I get the "want" to get one now, I have been waiting for almost 2 years to give my youngest a "big" doll, she verbalized wanting one for 1.5 years- she is getting McKenna for Christmas and we are working on a sticker chart to earn Samantha (TLC fix up from Ebay) - DD gets a sticker for staying dry (she waits to long to go potty!), and another if she gets through the day with out tantrums. - we are about 1/4 into the sheet now- at this rate I think she will have earned her by the beginning of December.

Last edited by weareborgswife; 10-17-2012 at 10:35 PM.
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote