Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #111
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Angry.. another "nursing in church" vent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeturd View Post
Any update OP?
I've been subbed to this thread for a while, wondering what happened, lol. I'm going to PM her and see if she has any update.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #112
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all of the responses.
Bumping for an update. Had the meeting with our pastor yesterday. I stayed home from church last week (not related to this issue, just tired from having a newborn).. so the meeting was yesterday.

Whole story in the OP... long.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #113
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
Thanks for all of the responses.
Bumping for an update. Had the meeting with our pastor yesterday. I stayed home from church last week (not related to this issue, just tired from having a newborn).. so the meeting was yesterday.

Whole story in the OP... long.

God bless!
I'm so glad your pastor was that supportive!! That is great unfortunate that you've been sequestered to the back row, but it's good that you all were able to find a good compromise. Yay!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #114
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I'm so glad your pastor was that supportive!! That is great unfortunate that you've been sequestered to the back row, but it's good that you all were able to find a good compromise. Yay!
Well, my main complaint was that I didn't want to have to 1. Go to the bathroom, and 2. I didn't want to miss the sermon because then it would be pointless to go to church. I don't like sitting in the back. But, for the sake of keeping peace in the church, this is compromise that I can live with.

And I did pray before going into the meeting. My prayer was "God, please give me an open mind and an open heart to truly hear. And the wisdom to respond in a way that pleases you." So... I'm comfortable and fairly happy with the compromise.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #115
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like a reasonable solution. Glad your pastor was supportive of your nursing.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #116
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Hopefully that's the end of it! Glad your pastor is supportive and you are happy I would be too

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #117
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm glad to hear you have support and something you can live with-- even if not completely what you want!

Thanks for the update!
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #118
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly I don't understand why YOU have to compromise and not the ignorant people that judge you for feeding your baby? Personally I feel being put in the back of the church sends a message that you are wrong and should be ashamed. How will bf ever be accepted if we cower in the back row? That husband is already watching you. Talk about creepy and inappropriate.
I guess it works for you so I'm glad you are happy.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #119
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In a way, the other people have to compromise as well...they have to live with OP nursing during the service in the sanctuary when they'd rather that she do so in another room. She's trying to be a peacemaker and just feed her daughter when and where she needs it without feeling like she's disrupting the service, but at the same time not feeling like she has to leave. The back might actually be easier as the baby gets older; might be less distracting to not be so close to all the action, and less likely OP will have to leave the service because the baby is crying or squealing or whatever. I'm glad that the pastor sounds like a man of reason and that you found a solution that works for everyone.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #120
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
Honestly I don't understand why YOU have to compromise and not the ignorant people that judge you for feeding your baby? Personally I feel being put in the back of the church sends a message that you are wrong and should be ashamed. How will bf ever be accepted if we cower in the back row? That husband is already watching you. Talk about creepy and inappropriate.
I guess it works for you so I'm glad you are happy.
It is a compromise for the other person to. She wanted me to be in a completely different room.

And also, because my pastor pointed out that something as simple as me picking up the baby distracted pretty much everyone. I don't want to be someone else's stumbling block, and I don't want to take attention away from the pastor.

I COULD have chosen to refuse to compromise, but what would that accomplish? Sometimes it's better to compromise to keep the peace, rather than insist on getting what we want.

I prayed before I went into the meeting. And this is a compromise I can live with. No one who wants to see me nurse will have to see me nurse, and I don't have to go into another room and miss the service, which was my MAIN complaint.

And honestly, I know this person, and she still won't be happy, because she (and Person B) both think that women should nurse in private, even if they are covered up... and she is such a stubborn person, I can GUARANTEE that even if she doesn't say anything else to me, she won't be happy. She is one of those people who sees life as "There is my way, and the wrong way." So really, this is compromise for her too.

And honestly, if the church members are busy battling each other, then the church becomes useless because it cannot function. And I don't want my pride to be responsible for the church being a battle ground and the church not being focused on it's mission.

God bless!