Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #51
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My almost 7 to has been asking for one since she was 3. I felt she was too young and got her a bitty baby. She's asked every year for the bigger doll too. She still plays with bitty baby and she's in great shape. So this year she got the 18" doll too. She loves them and calls the her girls . They are very well made.

Advertisement

Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #52
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd1 got a bitty baby at 2 dragged it around so much that we had to buy her another one at five. At nine she asked for the twins at 18 she still has all four now laid to rest as she puts it in their original boxes displayed in her room. I say yes it's worth it
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #53
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

This thread has me excited. DD is 3, so I can't wait until she is old enough for one. We are within driving distance to the Dallas store also, so we will probably make a day of it when she is old enough. I want one for myself too, lol. I thought I was the only one!

What is the minimum age everyone thinks for them? DD is a little bit of a neat freak, so she takes pretty good care of her things, but she is 3. She is the oldest but keeps her special and non-baby safe toys in her room. I'm so anxious to get her one, but I want it to be special and memorable. I'm thinking when she turns 5? Our birthdays are about a week apart so that might be fun to get us each one, lol.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #54
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff
This thread has me excited. DD is 3, so I can't wait until she is old enough for one. We are within driving distance to the Dallas store also, so we will probably make a day of it when she is old enough. I want one for myself too, lol. I thought I was the only one!

What is the minimum age everyone thinks for them? DD is a little bit of a neat freak, so she takes pretty good care of her things, but she is 3. She is the oldest but keeps her special and non-baby safe toys in her room. I'm so anxious to get her one, but I want it to be special and memorable. I'm thinking when she turns 5? Our birthdays are about a week apart so that might be fun to get us each one, lol.
DD was 20 mos when she got her first (Kanani), and we haven't had any problems. She started really getting involved and interacting/pretending with her AG dolls around 30 months, and now she's really involved at 3.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #55
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: are American Girl dolls worth the price?

We're planning on getting an AG doll sometime between 5 and 8 depending on DD's interest and our budget around that time.

She has a bitty baby now and LOVES it. I just want to wait until she will take a little better care of them. She is far more into baby dolls right now anyway, they are all in pretty good shape, but she takes them everywhere, so they do show just a bit of wear (she is 2)
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #56
Ellasundies
Registered Users

The older girl AG dolls are great and worth the money IMO. However, while the bitty babies are well loved by many and made well, they don't hold a candle to lee middleton dolls. The lm's are just as well made, are actual newborn size and their faces are just gorgeous. They are so much more lifelike. Honestly LM makes the AG bitty babies look poor in comparison.
Ellasundies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #57
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellasundies
The older girl AG dolls are great and worth the money IMO. However, while the bitty babies are well loved by many and made well, they don't hold a candle to lee middleton dolls. The lm's are just as well made, are actual newborn size and their faces are just gorgeous. They are so much more lifelike. Honestly LM makes the AG bitty babies look poor in comparison.
I have to agree - LM newborn dolls are superior.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #58
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be careful treating it too carefully. She would be able to have fun with it to...

It would stink if she got one and it never comes down off the high shelf... What is the point of that.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote