Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extreme Cheapskates

The really sad thing thing is the guy that hides the money from his family, gives his wife an allowance of $20 from her own paycheck, she seemed like the breadwinner of the family too

Advertisement

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I couldn't believe the dumpster food the lady fed her friends! I mean, some produce would be fine but chicken? turkey meatloaf? Who knows how long that stuff had been in the trash. That was super gross to me.

The guy hiding all the money from his family bothered me too. I don't know why he had to lie to them about it and I also thought it was sad that they had basically no furniture. A family with two teenage children should at least have a couch.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
The really sad thing thing is the guy that hides the money from his family, gives his wife an allowance of $20 from her own paycheck, she seemed like the breadwinner of the family too
Wow, that's abuse, mental and emotional. This guy sounds like a winner, alright. The wife should start saving those $20's so she can pay for a divorce!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
That is my husband's allowance from his paycheck (but I don't have money in the bank hidden either).
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
I didn't see it, also not a family cloth person here, but I can see how that would seem really odd to mainstream people or those who haven't heard of it before!

I do think there is a point where you can become TOO cheap. Not the whole reusing thing, but maybe more in your life interacting with friends/family. Let's say we all have that cousin who makes more than we do, but constantly is the cheapskate with not paying restaurant tabs, not being the driver, always on the scam, etc....

I'll have to look up listings to see when it's on, sounds interesting. Where's the show about most people racking up tons of debt living beyond their means! "Debtsters", lol
There are several shows like that here in Canada, and I think some of them air in the US as well. All hosted by Gail Vaz Oxlade. She's a financial guru here in Canada. Her shows are called Til Debt Do Us Part, and Princess. LOVE her shows! She also has a blog that she updates several times each week. http://gailvazoxlade.com/blog/

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wonder how much of these shows are real and how much is scripted. the kid who went on the date def seemed way scripted, and the guy who paid in change, a lot of that seemed phony. the asian lady who dumpster dived, her episode seemed pretty real tho. i wanted to smack the asian ladys friends girlfried tho... she was a B. i wish someone would introduce the lady to family cloth, makes more sense then her soap, water bottle, reused paper towel toilet paper she had
Old 10-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #27
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
That is my husband's allowance from his paycheck (but I don't have money in the bank hidden either).
Yeah but you guys budget as a family, not like a control issue that guy has going on. The lady even said it worked so well for years but she says she would like to have more control of her paycheck now that she feels like she could budget and still come out ahead of what her husband is doing w/ it.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #28
Frizabeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005
i wonder how much of these shows are real and how much is scripted. the kid who went on the date def seemed way scripted, and the guy who paid in change, a lot of that seemed phony. the asian lady who dumpster dived, her episode seemed pretty real tho. i wanted to smack the asian ladys friends girlfried tho... she was a B. i wish someone would introduce the lady to family cloth, makes more sense then her soap, water bottle, reused paper towel toilet paper she had
Oh my gosh, YES!! I hated that girl- Rose. All I wanted to do was smack her. I kept thinking that producers had to of told her "act as appalled as possible" bc no one can be that much of a B.
Frizabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #29
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
yes! The guy in the other episode I was talking about reused actual paper towels. I couldn't wrap my head around why he didn't just use cloth rags
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #30
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizabeans

Oh my gosh, YES!! I hated that girl- Rose. All I wanted to do was smack her. I kept thinking that producers had to of told her "act as appalled as possible" bc no one can be that much of a B.
Really? I am very frugal but I would have been freaked out too. I guess I'm a B too. I thought she tried to be as nice as possible. I also thought the hostess was in extremely poor taste with the dumpster dive dinner.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote