Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for parents of 3+ kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
We have 4 and will still be going to Disney this winter flying there.

It's not an every year thing but I think the benefits of siblings far outweigh trips and material things.

We live within our means and plan ahead.
We don't feel deprived of anything.

I love my minivan <3 I had one with only one child
This pretty much, except I hated minivans, but now I have one and love it. The conveinence just can't be beat.

I am one of 7 kids and I loved ( and still do )having that many siblings. we had a ball growing up togehter and we all still talk and see each other often.

Advertisement

Last edited by Fitter; 10-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 4 and are done having babies. I'm not going to lie it can be a financial strain sometimes, but that's why you have to budget. My kids can only do one after school activity at a time...some due to $, the rest due to time constraints. We do go on vacations...just not as many. And yes I drive a minivan although I swear I never would. My children are my life and I love them more than any possesion or vacation that I could ever buy. They are so worth every sacrifice I make.

Last edited by katengrace; 10-17-2012 at 01:03 PM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd rather have more kids and take less vacations than have more vacations and have less kids, kwim? I think it all just depends on your priorities and what you want out of life.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
doodah
Registered Users
seller

in a nutshell, we have three with a fourth on the way. we also live very frugally and are working towards being debt free. with that in mind, there is little to no traveling or amusement parks or pricey trips like that. we also own a minivan. yes these are sacrifices but to us, its not a big deal. we are even able to afford to send our kids to private school and neither of us has amazing jobs. we just prioritize what is most important. you cant have everything....especially when you have multiple kids. something has got to give...finances, time, patience, resources. it takes a lot of sacrifice to be a good parent to many children, its up to you if you can handle that or not.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #25
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 3 with one on the way. I wouldn't have it any other way.

But we're homebodies. We don't travel and don't really like to (the idea of a vacation just stresses me out...especially with my husband's health, having all the necessary medication + extra, doctors in the area just..no).

We're also 'poor' but happy. Our kids might not have name brand everything or their own rooms. We might not have nice cars. But our kids have everything they need and some of what they want. That is all they need in my opinion.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 4. All boys. We drive everywhere instead of fly. I love it, but we also have my SIL living with us and helping