Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Postpartum hair loss

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but anyone have any tips to battle hair loss? I'm 4 months postpartum and my hair is falling out like CRAZY My ponytail is literally half as thick as usual and I'm even getting little bald spots. I've only been washing my hair 1-2x a week because it's falling out so bad. Any natural ways to help this?

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Postpartum hair loss

I will be watching. I had lots of loss in both pregnancies b4 but not as much this time but it stayed thin when I nursed..... gggrrr.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
mikerenea55
Registered Users
seller

Super bummed there are no replies yet lol. My first pregnancy was great, my hair was thick, and shinier than it had ever been. It just seemed to get better after I had my son. Then with my second pregnancy it was ALL downhill. TONS of hairloss, and it has not seized up-she's 2 1/2 now, and I am still pulling out clumps of hair in the shower.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any with DS1 as well, but this time it's awful. I've already googled it but all I found was to have hobbies to de-stress, eat healthy and exercise. I eat healthy and exercise already, and don't feel particularly stressed
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerenea55 View Post
Super bummed there are no replies yet lol. My first pregnancy was great, my hair was thick, and shinier than it had ever been. It just seemed to get better after I had my son. Then with my second pregnancy it was ALL downhill. TONS of hairloss, and it has not seized up-she's 2 1/2 now, and I am still pulling out clumps of hair in the shower.
Me too I seriously have to set my hair aside or it clogs the drain completely in 1 shower. In the morning I sweep my bed for hair and there is literally an entire handful - just from tossing and turning in my sleep. I won't even go into how much there is when I vacuum. I feel like I'm living in a world of hair!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
DragonnMama
Registered Users
seller

No advice to help keep it in, but we got one of those little mesh things that you can put in your drain to help catch all the hairs. Helps prevent clogs!
DragonnMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Hollysmom
Registered Users
seller

Unfortunately the pregnancy hormones that caused thick, lovely hair during pregnancy drop off after birth so that extra hair falls out in clumps! There's no way of preventing it since it's a natural process, but there are things you could try to possibly combat it a bit. You can take a B vitamin supplement (such a Biotin) as B vitamins are essential for hair growth (plenty of sleep and eating healthy help too). If you feel that your hair loss is excessive in proportion to normal PP hair loss, then see your doctor to rule out a thyroid issue or other hormonal imbalance issues. HTH!
Hollysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's just starting for me so I plan on taking extra B vit!