Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I was totally expecting a c section...

So now that the plan has changed, I have to take charge and figure out ways to release alot of tension and fear from previous births as well as the things that have lead up to this c section vs vaginal birth decision. I had my appt the other day with my OB and I'm an anxious mess. I have a neurological abnormality (A teeny aneurysm in my brain, but still an aneurysm) and some previous birth trauma, but my High risk OB has explained there are other options other than a c section and I want to be prepared for this vaginal birth. I was thinking Hypnobabies? Thoughts? I really need something that will help me with fear release and I am getting good reviews from people about hypnobabies.

Victoria, LPN, Mostly SAHM, Doula, and Wife to my prince charming Shawn, Mommy to Abrielle 07 and Annalise 09, and Luci 13 Lactavist JUST KEEP
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I was totally expecting a c section...

I think there are some really great tracks that you can get with hypnobabies. I did it for my first birth. Esp. good are the "Fear releasing tracks" and the "Positive pregnancy affirmations."

I found hypnobabies self-hypnosis tracks in general to be tremendously relaxing when pregnant. My dh will often suggest I listen to one of them when I'm stressed out or acting a little bonkers.

I don't know if it sets up realisitic expectations on how to deal with a birth that a mom finds is painful. It's basically teaches you that it wont be painful if you just relax enough. It didn't work out for me that way, but I still think it's valuable.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Registered Users

I second hypnobabies for dealing with fear. I haven't delivered yet so I can't say how accurate it is when it comes to pain during labor. But it has helped me deal with my fear and apprehension.
E, wife to my rock, S 2009
Mama to DD 1/13
evasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Registered Users

Ok, I think I'm the odd man out here, but I thought the hypnobabies tracks were pretty cheesey. I liked them for the relaxation, but couldn't get past some of the wording and visualizations. All the same, I think it would be totally worth it to try. They have great resale value if they don't work.
Rachel, SAHM to 9/05, 1/08, 9/12 and wife to dh .
RachelFlores is offline   Reply With Quote