Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
If I wanted to put fleece liners in my dipes..

How would I go about it? I mean, go to the fabric store, buy some fleece, cut into strips, insert, correct? No sewing involved? Any certain fleece I should look for? Just toss the fleece with the dipe into the pail? Just one layer?

Keep in mind, you are talking to a mama who paid her friend in 7th grade to make her SQUARE pillow in home ec sewing. Literally NO sewing experience.

Advertisement

Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
kathywiehl
Registered Users

Re: If I wanted to put fleece liners in my dipes..

You need microfleece. If you have a joanns near you, I hear they have a great no-pill micro that will work great in diapers. If you want something a little better, I can check to see if I have enough large scraps to fill a flat rate priority bag and send it to you for the cost of shipping. PM if you want them and I'll dig through my scrap bags to see if I have enough that are large enough for you.
kathywiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

lmao on the home ec thing...

about the liners, if you are simply looking for a fleece liner to wick away mositure and/or catch poop, then you want to make sure you get a fleece that wicks, not a fleece that doesn't wick. You can get cheapo fleece at walmart for like $4/yrd and just cut it into the right size strips. I would shake the poop into the toilet before putting it in the pail , but yeah, you can jsut throw it right in the pail with everything else.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyofthemoon
lmao on the home ec thing...

about the liners, if you are simply looking for a fleece liner to wick away mositure and/or catch poop, then you want to make sure you get a fleece that wicks, not a fleece that doesn't wick. You can get cheapo fleece at walmart for like $4/yrd and just cut it into the right size strips. I would shake the poop into the toilet before putting it in the pail , but yeah, you can jsut throw it right in the pail with everything else.

This is what I did. I just wanted something to catch the poo, so I bought baby printed fleece that had ducks on it and then cut it into strips and just lay them in my dipes and it catches the poo. Then I just rinse or drop the poo off into the toilet and throw it all together in my pail and wash all of them together. It has been a lifesaver especially after shots, b/c she always has nasty poo after her shots.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Interesting! I'll go check out Joann's today. Thanks for the advice...and if I can figure it out when I get there, awesome, otherwise I will pm you, Kathy about the scraps.

Yeah, that darned square pillow...it was teal with my name written in paint across it in mauve...bet that shows my age! That was in 1988? Good old teal and mauve!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I was thrown out of HE first I sewed my finger with the machine then I set fire to a potholder (all by accident). Who knew those things are flammable???

for those of us who are REALLY challenged, could you pls post a link to the microfleece at Joanns? Then I can go w/link in hand and say I want THIS.

Fwiw, I bought the fleece at walmart and it seems to repel water to me (which is good b/c I bought it for covers)

Thanks!!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat
I was thrown out of HE first I sewed my finger with the machine then I set fire to a potholder (all by accident). Who knew those things are flammable???

for those of us who are REALLY challenged, could you pls post a link to the microfleece at Joanns? Then I can go w/link in hand and say I want THIS.

Fwiw, I bought the fleece at walmart and it seems to repel water to me (which is good b/c I bought it for covers)

Thanks!!

Hee - your post made me laugh, mama!. Largely because I can relate to it.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

If the brand new fleece repells water try washing it in hot water with JUST white vinegar... I think I just poured some in.. but maybe even a full on cup. Unless you want to keep it repelling..
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote