Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Breech?

I just went for my 32 week scan and this baby is breech. At my 20 week scan she was head down. The doctor said not to worry yet because at this point 1 in 5 babies are still breech(ny other 3 were not). At 35 weeks he will be concerned. I want to cry! Anyone else have experience with this?

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DDC

Try going to a chiropractor! They can open your pelvis up and it will encourage baby to flip. Also try some techniques at spinningbaby.com.

Good luck! You still time for baby to flip don't stress too much!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD was breech til 36wks and as of 30 wks, this one is too. Having to worry about it stinks, but there's still lots of time!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: Breech?

Most of my kiddos were breech around that time, but flipped before 35 weeks. I am 30 weeks now, and this baby is transverse.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My little guy was head down and flipped back over at 28 wks... I'm 30 wks and 4 days now and I'm not going to worry until 35ish wks. There are some positions that you can research that help encourage baby to flip. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me with my second baby...I think I was even a bit further along than 32 weeks... and I was told to try a chiropractor who uses the Webster method for pregnancy...I think that is the correct name for it. I started going weekly and it only took a couple of visits and he turned! I still get regular adjustments during pregnancies now.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

My first was transverse or breech most of pregnancy. He would not flip! I tried some suggestions from spinning babies but I was too scared to try a version from my ob as baby was completely feet first. There is still time for baby to turn so I hope it goes well for you!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Check out icpa4kids.org to find a Webster-certified chiropractor near you. And relax, baby has time! Mine just turned at 32 weeks, hours after my 1st Webster adjustment
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Babies can flip all the way up to labor. You can also do pelvic tilts to encourage the head down position. Last apponitment babe was head down, but I think he/she has flipped a few times in there since.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
Check out icpa4kids.org to find a Webster-certified chiropractor near you. And relax, baby has time! Mine just turned at 32 weeks, hours after my 1st Webster adjustment

1. Yup, exactly this. The site above to find a Webster certified chiropractor near you.
2. Www.spinningbabies.com, you really need to invest a lot of time in the exercises, most of the positive outcomes you hear were fully committed to turning baby as a lifestyle and not simply trying a few exercises each day.
3. Accupuncture.
4. ECV has pros and cons, please research thoroughly before making a decision. Ideally, you will turn baby yourself by starting with good positioning now.
5. Vaginal breech birth is amply possible. Another option to research in advance so that you're empowered and educated enough to discuss it logically with your care provider.