Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Waxing

Anybody have experience with how long a bikini wax lasts? I want to get one prior to EDD but I don't when to schedule it.

And yes I know that l&d nurses and the dr have seen it all and then some. It's to make me feel more comfortable. I also plan on getting a pedicure. And if I could reach either my girly bits or my toes, I would do it myself!

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waxing

I would plan on starting a few months before EDD and getting them regularly. The first time you will probably get really bumpy and irritated. The more often you do it the slower it grows back, and your skin will be more used to it. If you just want to do your bikini line you can get the wax yourself at a Sally's beauty supply. If you want to do a larger area or the front, you could still do it yourself, but it would be best to have your hubby pull the strips, because it hurts like heck and if you do it yourself you are likely to not pull hard enough and then it hurts worse. lol. If you want to do more brazillion, make sure you find someone really reputable.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know from experience, but I've heard many people say they wouldn't recommend it while pregnant because it hurts so much more.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

It does hurt much more while pregnant especially if you have never had one before. I hadn't had one in a long time and i got it around 12 weeks and oh my it hurt! I needed mine done like every 6 weeks but could have easily gotten it done every 4 weeks. I suggest like Pp said get a couple of them before your due date
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually go every 5-6 weeks, pregnant or not. A few times I've let it slide a few extra weeks and, yes, it does hurt more when pregnant, but honestly, I consider it worth it. Especially post-partum, so much, ahem, neater... I usually try and schedule my last appt at about 38 weeks.

I would agree with the other posters who recommended going in a couple of times before your EDD, though, if possible. But I would probably still go in even if I couldn't do that, after all, having baby hurts too, and usually for much more than 15 minutes
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

i shaved my whole pregnancy and i was huge... my trick was to do it from the back. i would put my leg up on the toilet seat or shower stool and reach around from the back and do it like that. it probably looked hilarious
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am going to do my first around 28-29 weeks also. I've never done it either and don't really know what to expect. I want my bikini line done but I wonder if my bikini line is what they consider a bikini line? How is it done?

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

oh my. Kudos to all of you ladies who are willing to have your bits waxed!

I will birth 10lb babies with no pain meds all day everyday for a month before I will let anyone near my nether regions with hot wax and pulling paper.

Oh lawd. I remember the blinding pain of trying to wax just a small section. I BLED. and I was not pg. I was swollen for a few days. It looked like my crotch had been run over by a speeding train. NEVER.again.NEVER.

Sorry DH.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
oh my. Kudos to all of you ladies who are willing to have your bits waxed!

I will birth 10lb babies with no pain meds all day everyday for a month before I will let anyone near my nether regions with hot wax and pulling paper.

Oh lawd. I remember the blinding pain of trying to wax just a small section. I BLED. and I was not pg. I was swollen for a few days. It looked like my crotch had been run over by a speeding train. NEVER.again.NEVER.

Sorry DH.
Did you wax or have a esthetician do it? I have tried to do it myself and that hurt way worse than a professional.
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubBubsMom View Post
Did you wax or have a esthetician do it? I have tried to do it myself and that hurt way worse than a professional.
I attempted to do a small section in a not so sensitive part of the area. I have waxed eyebrows before, and I know to pull hard and fast. I was immediately blinded by pain, fell over, smacked my head on the sink, looked down and I was bleeding. Not badly, but oh wowzas my golly gee... trying to get the rest of the strip off was fun. It took sections of skin with it.

I am not up for baring my lady bits to another person, so that's why I attempted it myself.

I am totally amazed at women who have this done on a regular basis. You all must have hoo-haas of steel.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote