Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
maryjohn6
Registered Users

Baby Changing Station

Hello all! I did search a lot in this forum but didn't find yet any topic of baby changing station. I am just wondering that how can i prepare baby changing station at home instead buying a new one. If you know about any site or store who offer baby changing station at reasonable price, so suggest me and share your ideas. It'll be my pleasure. Thanks

Advertisement

maryjohn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Changing Station

This is probably best asked in parenting. Anyways, you don't need to change a baby on a station, you can change on a blanket on the floor.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought a contoured changing pad and stuck it on top of a long dresser. Works perfectly.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
I bought a contoured changing pad and stuck it on top of a long dresser. Works perfectly.
We bought a nice dresser that will grow with him, and a friend gave us a great changing pad that fits perfectly on top.
(#1 natural hospital birth, Bradley Method; #2 home water birth)
Missing our m/c angel (6/08)
CDing, BFing, BWing, etc. Semi-Crunchy WAHM social media consultant
ISO Ju-Ju-Be, Petunia Pickle Bottom, etc. bags
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

$20 Craigslist solid wood dresser, $20 worth of paint and primer, and a $10 contoured pad. Works great
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
hodgenkc
Registered Users
seller

I didnt have a changing table or pad with my first two. Seemed like I always used the floor, the bed or mainly I think I had a large beach towel in the bathroom that I used when they were really little that I put on the counter. when we had our 3rd I was sure I needed a nice contour pad since I never had it with my others (plus this house has hardwoods). Yup, never used it. I always seemed to use the rug
hodgenkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I might be the odd one that likes having a changing table/station. I got a really nice quality solid wood one from someone who posted it on Craigslist who was moving for $10.
Good Score.
I like having the big baskets beneath with all the diapers/accessories organized. But if I didn't find that changing table for so cheap, I was going to get the longer, lower dresser like previous posters mentioned and put a pad on top. But I'm maybe a little weird about enjoying diaper laundry and "folding" them and putting them away. So having everything organized makes me happy. (oh geez I just read that.. is that sad?)
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A lot of people like to change babies on the floor or bed, but I have two large dogs and I wanted a changing table up off the floor since I know I would have two puppy noses in the middle of the dirty diaper if I tried to change on the floor. I found a nice one "used" for $50 that had never even been put together. My son is due in December, so I haven't actually used it yet, but it just seemed like the most practical choice for us with our pooches.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I always changed on the bed, but I saw a nice changing station for sale at IKEA that I might have gotten had I known about it before!
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote