Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Oct 19-31)

we are doing terribly coming up with names we both like...I have a lot more ideas that I like and DH only likes 2 or maybe 3 names total (for boy or girl), which means that unless he budges at all...we end up using his names by default. It's going to be a long road, which is why I've decided to try to find out what we're having at my anatomy scan so we only have to pick one gender's name

In other news....I've been reading along, but haven't had much to contribute. Things are in a steady place for me....although I will be much more releived when I start feeling multiple movements/kicks every day and when we have the anatomy scan (which will hopefully be good news). The sporadic movements and sometimes a day or so in between feeling a kick or nudge is getting to me!!

Hope everyone is doing well

Advertisement

happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh gahhhhhhhh..... I wrote a big long post on my phone earlier today, but it looks like it didn't go through

Well, anyway, Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around lately - been reading from my phone and I really hate trying to reply from there (and hate it even more now that it ate my post!). Not a whole lot has changed around here.... just kind of holding my breath until the 29th when we get our official anatomy scan done. Hoping to breathe a little easier once that is done and (fingers crossed) everything comes back okay.

Congrats to everyone and their good news! Gosh... genders and names... it's all getting so REAL now! So exciting! Hang in there everyone!!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
we are doing terribly coming up with names we both like...I have a lot more ideas that I like and DH only likes 2 or maybe 3 names total (for boy or girl), which means that unless he budges at all...we end up using his names by default. It's going to be a long road, which is why I've decided to try to find out what we're having at my anatomy scan so we only have to pick one gender's name

In other news....I've been reading along, but haven't had much to contribute. Things are in a steady place for me....although I will be much more releived when I start feeling multiple movements/kicks every day and when we have the anatomy scan (which will hopefully be good news). The sporadic movements and sometimes a day or so in between feeling a kick or nudge is getting to me!!

Hope everyone is doing well
Good luck with the names! totally kwym, about the movement weirdness getting to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Oh gahhhhhhhh..... I wrote a big long post on my phone earlier today, but it looks like it didn't go through

Well, anyway, Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around lately - been reading from my phone and I really hate trying to reply from there (and hate it even more now that it ate my post!). Not a whole lot has changed around here.... just kind of holding my breath until the 29th when we get our official anatomy scan done. Hoping to breathe a little easier once that is done and (fingers crossed) everything comes back okay.

Congrats to everyone and their good news! Gosh... genders and names... it's all getting so REAL now! So exciting! Hang in there everyone!!
and for a great u/s!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the fx and prayers, Elena! Part of my big phone-eaten post was for you So I thought I'd try to repost some of that while I have a minute.

I wanted to say that I can really understand where you are coming from with not wanting to go to the doc.... I was the same way, but since I was going out of town for work right around the time that I had my last 2 losses, I really wanted to know if I should prepare to miscarry in a hotel room, alone, 6 hours from home. So I went in on a Monday at 8 weeks , which was the week before my trip, and all was well. I had planned to not go back again after that until the 20 week scan, but that Friday I had my first big bleed I ended up back at the doc for an ultrasound that afternoon, and have been back every two weeks or so since then for bleeding and checkups and crap. I hate it. It's nerve wracking and the last two times my blood pressure was elevated, so that made me need more tests (for pre-e) and now I'm supposed to monitor my BP daily. Although I'm pretty sure it's just "white coat syndrome." If I can stay out of the doctor's office till the 29th, it will be the longest time away this entire pregnancy.

Having the doppler at home just assures me that I have a heartbeat right now and keeps me from driving across town for a doppler check every day that I see blood (which is daily lately). But as the docs keep reminding me, there's nothing that they can really do at this point, medically, if something wasn't right... so a heartbeat is lovely to hear, but still not a guarantee. I hate that I can't relax and enjoy this pregnancy, but it is what it is. I just really REALLY hope that everything will be okay on the 29th and then maybe I can lighten up and get happy again. I was doing okay, since we've passed almost all of the big milestones and still have a heartbeat... but as the biggest milestone approaches, I'm starting to freak out and dreading this next appointment. 18w5d was when I delivered Marshall, after spotting at 18w3d.... today is 18w1d so it's RIGHT THERE in front of me, and I can barely see past it.

So, I feel ya mama. Maybe not in the same exact way, but your posts about the docs really echoed some of my own thoughts, so wanted to let you know that you're not alone. And also, it was 9 months before we found out our pathology results from losing Marshall. No one ever called me, and I couldn't bear to ask for them. The only reason I heard the results was because I was pregnant again (with loss #2) and the doc was reviewing my history and casually mentioned that there was "no definitive reason listed in the pathology results" for our loss. The pathology found nothing wrong, but he was too far gone to get any cells to grow for chromosome analysis So we will never know... and I guess that's just the way it is. But that also means that we don't know what to watch out for, what to expect, what our odds are.... we're just flying blind here on faith and courage alone.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Those of you who have/had cerclages---

1. Were you put under or given local anesthesia? Was it an epi/spinal? Is there another option besides a needle in the spine? I gave birth naturally to my 10lb son because the risks were too high with epi/spinal and I'm upset that a couple people i know have basically told me there is no other choice.

2. Did you have a catheter? Any ways to reduce risk of an infection from them? I had one with my cone biopsy in 2008 and was miserable for several days later, despite pre and post surgery antibiotics.

3. Did they give you antibiotics pre/post surgery?

4. What was your immediate recovery like? How long in hospital, what were your discharge orders? Bed rest? Light duty? How long?

5. Once I have it and recover from the surgery itself, will I be able to do my normal stuff (within reason and common sense---no lifting, limited bending/pulling, etc) as long as my bi-weekly cervix checks show no changes?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]

Last edited by quicksilverNHS; 10-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #26
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Tried out the doppler. Haven't gotten a true baby HB that I can hear, but a couple times for a millisecond, the digital display has had a reading of high 140's. So I'm hopeful that in the next week I'll hone my baby finding skills and be able to get a solid reading. I'm really glad I made the doppler purchase.

Funny little story here: Last week we were at the OB's office. An obviously pregnant woman walked through the waiting room and DS says. Mom she's got a baby in her belly! I asked how he knew that and he says loudly "cause she has a fat belly!" Nice.

Fast forward to tonight. I was sitting in the kids' room getting them ready for bed. I was wearing a fitted tank top and underwear. I'm a fluffy mama, so I've already got a bit of a belly and IMO, baby is making me look more fat, not really pregnant. My kids don't know about the pregnancy yet. DS looks over at me and says 'Mom you look like you've got a baby belly." I smiled and said "thank you."
Old 10-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby
Tried out the doppler. Haven't gotten a true baby HB that I can hear, but a couple times for a millisecond, the digital display has had a reading of high 140's. So I'm hopeful that in the next week I'll hone my baby finding skills and be able to get a solid reading. I'm really glad I made the doppler purchase.

Funny little story here: Last week we were at the OB's office. An obviously pregnant woman walked through the waiting room and DS says. Mom she's got a baby in her belly! I asked how he knew that and he says loudly "cause she has a fat belly!" Nice.

Fast forward to tonight. I was sitting in the kids' room getting them ready for bed. I was wearing a fitted tank top and underwear. I'm a fluffy mama, so I've already got a bit of a belly and IMO, baby is making me look more fat, not really pregnant. My kids don't know about the pregnancy yet. DS looks over at me and says 'Mom you look like you've got a baby belly." I smiled and said "thank you."
Aww! So sweet!

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Thanks for the fx and prayers, Elena! Part of my big phone-eaten post was for you So I thought I'd try to repost some of that while I have a minute.
Thanks for taking the time to post that, Erica. I really feel like there's no reason to run to the Dr - there's nothing they're going to do early, and nothing that could really tell us anything (that we're willing to do at this point). So, it's just the anatomy u/s we really need for now, and I can get that req'd the week or 2 beforehand.
I hope it doesn't make me seem callous to people, or like I don't care about the baby - cuz I really do! But I'm feeling movement a few times each day (again), the squirming and kicking feels stronger and has moved up in my belly. I'm just not sure what else there is to know until the u/s.

That's how it was with Elli and the amnio - the geneticist said that because she'd been dead for (likely) 4 days when we did the amnio, there was a high chance that the fluid wouldn't have the living cells to be able to check. I do wish the Dr had explained that to us at the time. I'm not sure if we would have changed our mind and not done it... but I would have liked to know that we weren't likely to get results from it, kwim?

I hate that you're still bleeding. your uterus has a growth spurt and pulls that placenta away from your cervix, bleeding stops, and you can just be excited and pregnant.
It makes a lot of sense that your bp is up in the office - you've been going in with bleeding, stressed and worried and full of fear. And you've been getting closer and closer to the time of your Marshall's birth. It all adds up to sitting there worrying, and a higher bp.

and so very many for this next week. I sit here and can easily imagine how you're feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Those of you who have/had cerclages---
Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with cerclages, but I didn't miss something, right? You're just thinking ahead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Thanks for taking the time to post that, Erica. I really feel like there's no reason to run to the Dr - there's nothing they're going to do early, and nothing that could really tell us anything (that we're willing to do at this point). So, it's just the anatomy u/s we really need for now, and I can get that req'd the week or 2 beforehand.
I hope it doesn't make me seem callous to people, or like I don't care about the baby - cuz I really do! But I'm feeling movement a few times each day (again), the squirming and kicking feels stronger and has moved up in my belly. I'm just not sure what else there is to know until the u/s.

That's how it was with Elli and the amnio - the geneticist said that because she'd been dead for (likely) 4 days when we did the amnio, there was a high chance that the fluid wouldn't have the living cells to be able to check. I do wish the Dr had explained that to us at the time. I'm not sure if we would have changed our mind and not done it... but I would have liked to know that we weren't likely to get results from it, kwim?

I hate that you're still bleeding. your uterus has a growth spurt and pulls that placenta away from your cervix, bleeding stops, and you can just be excited and pregnant.
It makes a lot of sense that your bp is up in the office - you've been going in with bleeding, stressed and worried and full of fear. And you've been getting closer and closer to the time of your Marshall's birth. It all adds up to sitting there worrying, and a higher bp.

and so very many for this next week. I sit here and can easily imagine how you're feeling.

Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with cerclages, but I didn't miss something, right? You're just thinking ahead?

Just thinking ahead so I know to ask my doc the right questions---I hate to be given the usual if there's a less invasive and risky option.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #30
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quick update- doing okay, nothing new to report. Thinking and praying for you guys daily!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote