Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Clothes on eBay question

We had family pictures taken this weekend, and I bought the boys some TCP clothes for the pics. I'm not one of the mamas who puts her kids in dressy/nice clothes on a normal basis, usually it's just jeans and a Tshirt. I know mamas have said that girly clothes sell well on eBay if they are name brand and sold as sets. What about boys?

For 9-12m I have a sweater and matching socks (2 pair), and also a pair of nice black shoes. All worn once.
For 18-24m/2t, I have a sweater vest, button up LS shirt, tie, matching socks (1 pair), and also nice black shoes. Again, all worn once.

These are the current lines in TCP. Would they sell well on eBay (losing ~15% to fees)? Would they sell better next year? Or should I just put them up in the local consignment sale at 1/3-1/2 off retail (plus losing another 30% in fees)?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Re: Clothes on eBay question

If they're currently in stores, I definitely wouldn't expect to get a lot of $$ for them, simply because its so easy to grab a new pair, and you won't make much $$.

I'd wait until the line is over
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: Clothes on eBay question

TCP is not a high seller on ebay mostly
Old 10-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
TCP is not a high seller on ebay mostly
Thanks. It's big at the consignment sales in my area, IME, so I'll take it there.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote