Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
Finniansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth wipe question

Tea tree oil

Advertisement

Finniansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
waldorf and ragamuffins
Registered Users

Taking notes ;p
waldorf and ragamuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
formerlybailey
Registered Users
seller

I made flannel and Birdseye wipes for my newborn and hated them, finally just made single layer plain flannel with surged edges. Work great for us, I like how the thinner wipes get in the cracks better. We also just use a peri bottle water, if its a really bad one I have a California baby diaper area wash. It still looks full and I have an 8 month old.
formerlybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

I use plain water a lot too but I love having a wipes solution made up and using it sometimes too bc it smells so fresh and lavendery and my babe is only 4 most and poops a lot in a day and it makes me feel like she's cleaner between baths. I also use it for spit up clean up so it gets rid of pukey smell. I use grovis wipes which are just like 2 terry washcloths sewn together but I sometimes just like baby wash cloths bc they are thinner and feel more like a reg baby wipe. I really want to try some flanne ones tho
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

The alsolute best solution dispenser I have found is a method laundry soap bottle the amount that comes out in a few squirts is perfect a spray bottle takes too much to get the wipe wet imo. Just take the lankest off and rinse it out really really well and it even looks nice.if you have seen one of these they are about the size of a spray bottle.

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 10-22-2012 at 09:06 PM.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cut up old flannel pillow cases and use single layers for my wipes. They absorb great. I've also used some cute flannel scraps that don't absorb so great... My wipe solution I'd witch hazel, aloe Vera gel, a but if olive oil and a few drops if vinegar. This stays fresh a long time. I use a peri bottle to wet the wipes.

I tried just using water but dd started getting a little red. It went away when I used the solution. I ran out for a couple of days and guess what, red tush again. Really works for us.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote