Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #11
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Epic thrifty FAIL

Sorry that sucks... I totally get the whole busy and don't have time for something else. I probably wouldn't have walked away either.

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Plus we had promised it to the kids who love it and literally get it once a year...actually we haven't made it on our last two trips Up North when we do buy it. Maybe I'll call and complain about the wording and consider it coming out of our unused vacay $ . lol

When you try to be that thrifty all the time, it just kills when something like this happens. Good thing I am so thrifty though...I can make up for it this week if I try hard enough, right?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Buy 1 get 1 free is always just buy 1 get one free. If you had two coupons it would be more like buy 2 get 2 free and thats if the coupons doesn't have the limitation of 1 coupon per order.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
mcbridecs
Registered Users
seller

That sucks you should have left after he said it was for one and went somewhere else.
mcbridecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
Delabell
Registered Users

The wording on that was confusing.

You can get $2 Chipotle on Halloween when you go in after four in your halloween costume. http://chipotle.com/en-US/boorito/boorito.aspx

check out my blog ! I earn gift cards for searching the internet. You can too-try swagbucks!
Delabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were eating out A LOT and I know the regret of doing it. It got to the point we were stopping by Wendy's a few times a week and spending $25 plus on a salad for me and dollar menu items for everyone else. I know exactly what you mean as far as the regret goes. At least it was only once. Maybe by complaining about the coupon they will hook you up with some freebies
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #17
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, buy 1 get 1, really does mean 1. Same with coupons like save $1 on something - you can just buy 1 of them and save $1 on it. You can't buy 3 and save $3.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #18
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz
"Come into any Chipotle on Sat 20th with you soccer jersey and this email and we will hook you up with buy one/get one burritos, bowls, salads, or tacos. You can use it on kids meals too."

It does not say a limit of one anywhere. I don't know why it just didn't occur to me. I mean I know bogo coupons are only used once, but I guess because of the way its worded in the plural I thought they were for the whole family. Sigh...such a waste of money.
I think you have a case for calling the manager to complain. The wording is very ambiguous and the repeated use of plurals really suggests unlimited uses. It would be a good idea to call them, then write a calm, clear email to Chipotle customer service (on their website) if the store manager is not helpful.

I have had very good results from a forthright email conversation with several different companies. Even if they don't refund you, they may offer you some sort of goodwill gesture.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did you have more than one kid wearing a soccer jersey? To me it seems like it's per jersey and if you had more than one jersey then def call and complain but otherwise I don't think you should.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

There was no more in the email? no tiny fine print? that's can't possibly be ALL the email said. I always assume limit 1 unless otherwise stated.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote