Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Epic thrifty FAIL

honestly when they refused to honor the coupon i would have told them never mind and left.

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
honestly when they refused to honor the coupon i would have told them never mind and left.
That would have been ideal but I wouldn't have left. It was 6:30, shed just spent a bunch of time in line having them make 6 burritos. The kids have already been promised it as a rare treat. Their would have been some really unhappy kids.j

OP, I would just take what you didn't expect to pay out of the vacation fund. The burritos sounded like they were an exciting treat for your kids. And as I said before, you didn't get the dirt cheap deal originally anticipatedbut you still got a good deal.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Even reading the email I don't see the confusion.... Maybe I'm just missing it. But I'm also assuming the (s) is just letting you know that EVERYTHING is up for the BOGO, instead of some places where it's only certain items.

Then again, I'm not super thrifty so who knows.
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Blessings View Post
There was no more in the email? no tiny fine print? that's can't possibly be ALL the email said. I always assume limit 1 unless otherwise stated.

Maybe the excitement got the best of you?

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
That would have been ideal but I wouldn't have left. It was 6:30, shed just spent a bunch of time in line having them make 6 burritos. The kids have already been promised it as a rare treat. Their would have been some really unhappy kids.j
i wouldnt have personally cared. we would have just hit up the drive thru at taco bell instead. life is full of disappointments and the restaurant would be the bad guy for not honoring their coupon, not me.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Sure you can complain and the store might give you some free coupons to show good customer service. But, I know I personally wouldn't complain. I would chalk it up to my own mistake in reading the coupon. And, I don't think businesses should pay me for my mistake. It seems like a small thing, but ultimately the more loss Chipotle has, the more we all pay for regular priced items.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #27
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been couponing for about 5 years and have never had a problem interpreting a coupon until I read what you (OP) posted. I feel very confident in my ability to determine the intention behind the coupon regardless of a loop hole. In this case, I really couldn't tell by the wording if they were offering a BOGO or a price cut for people wearing the jerseys. I very well might have thought the same as you with that wording.

I do not see it as a straight forward BOGO. There are ways they could have worded it to make it more clear, for example "one free menu item with purchase of a full price menu item."

If I were you, I might write a quick email about reconsidering the wording on future coupons but beyond that it would just be a reminder to me to ask before ordering just in case.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #28
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

That was all the email said, no fine print. I'm not flaming mad at Chipotle or anything, just really sucky that it happened. It would have been nice if they would have honored it just because it was worded so funny. I probably won't call, but emailing seems like a good alternative. Obviously going to clarify everything going forward. When you try to be so thrifty, something like that is like a stab to the thrifty heart. lol
Old 10-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

oh, I hear ya. I walked by a rainbow store where they had a rack out for $3 t-shirts. I really need some, so I grabbed 3 and headed to checkout. turns out, not all were $3 because "someone" put a bunch of non-$3 shirts out there. I had 1 $3 shirt and the others were more. i walked away from them all because they wouldn't honor the $3 price for all 3. they went out and pulled off a bunch of shirts that didn't belong. it sucks when you think you are getting a bargain and it doesn't pan out that way.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
emilim
Registered Users
seller

I agree that the coupon wording is extremely ambiguous and on first glance I would have interpreted it the same way you did! I think it's not at all inappropriate to call, explain the situation just as you explained it to us, and make them aware that you don't think it was handled properly. Whatever they do next is up to them, they very well may offer to refund you or get you some coupons/freebies. I would try, if for no other reason than to help them improve their coupon wording in the future!