Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heavy wetter HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
This. I finally gave up the battle when DD was 13 mos. It's the only reason we continued CDing until she PTed.

We generally did heavy-duty fitteds, usually hemp, w/ wool covers. Once she started leaking out of a KL hemp w/ an extra hemp insert, an extra stay-dry mf insert w/ a felted soaker & a wool doubler AND fleece pajamas on a daily basis, I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble. That set-up, as well as some pocket fitteds and fleece pockets (LOVED Lollidoos) were great when she was little...Super-Do inserts were awesome!

ETA--the super-soaking could be r/t a growth spurt or teething; DD ALWAYS peed through everything (including nighttime sposies) when she was teething. She's a heavy wetter all the time anyway, but teething & growth spurts probably doubled the amount she was wetting...if you've got an early teether, this could drop back to "regular" once the teeth come through.
I didn't even know that about growth spurts and teething. I'm hoping that's all it is.

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all so much! I've definitely been taking notes!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
TalknBoutMyGirl
Registered Users

My daughter is a really heavy wetter, too. The ONLY thing that I've found that keeps her dry all night is a Kawaii heavy wetter overnight with a mf insert AND a bamboo insert.
TalknBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniebees View Post
One disposable diaper a day was worth my sanity.
Love this!

To the OP. Before you give up, see if you want to try a fitted with wool or PUL cover. Works fine for many heavy wetters.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by astutzman
Have you tried adding a hemp insert? Thirsties hemp inserts worked for us, for a long time. I paired them with a flip insert (flip closest to his bottom), hemp absorbs more, but it also absorbs slower, so if he'sa fast wetter...I have heard some fabulous things about fitteds and wool. I have hesitated with using wool for years, and just recently broke down and ordered some. I am hoping it is our dry night solution! Best of luck!
This is what I would try first. We have been through many options for overnight and nothing is bulletproof for my DS. I think this is a great starting point though. I also agree w/the poster who mentioned disposables. If you don't want to try a bunch of options, disposables work well for many families. CDing certainly doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by astutzman View Post
Have you tried adding a hemp insert? Thirsties hemp inserts worked for us, for a long time. I paired them with a flip insert (flip closest to his bottom), hemp absorbs more, but it also absorbs slower, so if he'sa fast wetter...I have heard some fabulous things about fitteds and wool. I have hesitated with using wool for years, and just recently broke down and ordered some. I am hoping it is our dry night solution! Best of luck!
Hi momma. I think this is going to be what I try first. Are you saying the actual inserts or the hemp prefolds? I've seen both and not sure which everyone is referring to. I'm hoping the insert as it will cause his diaper to be a little less bulky than the prefold. Thanks so much!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
astutzman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) View Post
Hi momma. I think this is going to be what I try first. Are you saying the actual inserts or the hemp prefolds? I've seen both and not sure which everyone is referring to. I'm hoping the insert as it will cause his diaper to be a little less bulky than the prefold. Thanks so much!!!
I would use a hemp insert or 2 and hopefully, it will do the trick!
astutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by astutzman View Post
I would use a hemp insert or 2 and hopefully, it will do the trick!
Thanks momma!!! Did a Thirsties Hemp paired with a Flip Stay Dry work well for you?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
ingrid5699
Registered Users

My DS was a super heavy wetter and the only thing that worked for us overnight was a Happy hempy pocket fitted stuffed to the max. I used 2 hemp inserts, one of them a Happy Heini with 2 of the ovals in the area where he'd wet most and an infant prefold plus a wool cover. His butt was HUGE but he never minded and since he peed right out of every disposable it really was the only option. I weighed his diaper once and he had peed 15oz overnight and it held all that!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
astutzman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) View Post
Thanks momma!!! Did a Thirsties Hemp paired with a Flip Stay Dry work well for you?
It did work for us until my ds was 2 1/2!
astutzman is offline   Reply With Quote