Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Oct 21st-27th

yet another week! And we're all ready getting some gender scans

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 21st-27th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im a dog person

Bought skinny stretch mat jeans and black and gray leggings at the consignment dale today. All for $10 flat. Wooooo, my wibter wardrobe is complete.

Kids got $86 worth of winter clothes too. Now we're broke.
I'm a dog person, too... but we really need to at least one cat here otherwise we'd have lots of mice !!!

for the shopping deals! Right on! Sorry about the broke-ness, I know what that's like, but it sounds like with all you got you and the kids are set through winter, and that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
My parents are going next weekend to visit my sister and see the baby and I've decided to go with, so we'll leave Thursday afternoon and come home Sunday. It's a 9 hour drive, luckily my Dad loves driving and their van has a DVD built in for DS
Eeee!!! A squishy newbie!!! Have a great visit - and good luck on the trip. That DVD system will be a life-saver, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
We have always slept with our bedroom door open, but since having kids, we've had to keep it closed because of the cats. We tried leaving the door open at the beginning, but I would always wake up to a cat lying on DD1's legs. Obviously that concerned me, so we had to keep the door closed. It was sad because our cats had been sleeping with us for 7 years at that point. One of them used to sleep by my head every night. She had something wrong with her digestive system or IBD or something like that, and I think us having kids made her go downhill fast. We had to put her to sleep after DD2 was born. I was heartbroken, and I feel like it was my fault that she got so bad so fast (and now I'm bawling my eyes out).
Our cat would sleep with us every night, if he could. The few times he's gotten in he just sleeps by our feet, but I still don't want him in there - DH gets all stuffy and red-eyed if the cat gets on the bed much.

That's so sad about your kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I think pretty much all the crib tents got recalled for safety reasons.

Actually i'm not worried about the cats around baby... well okay maybe a little with my one older fellow... he just likes to lay on anything warm. But over all I think they'll want nothing to do with baby. It's that I know the crib will get peed in if i don't take steps to keep them out. It's not a common thing... but i know them.
I was actually thinking the same thing. I'm sure I remember reading it somewhere (likely on here).

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Totally get it. My cat poops on my bed every time I give him a bath. Lesson learned, shut my bedroom door after bathing the cat for at least a few hours!
OMGoodness! more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
My DS had a horrible day yesterday, and I had anxiety through the roof by the end of it.
Mama. Such is the life with little ones! It is really heart attack inducing some days, eh?!
It actually sounds to me like he's probably going through a growth spurt - if he's not normally that clumsy. My kids get extra clumsy in the midst of a spurt. Which seems kinda silly, because they only grow like an inch if that! But I think it's a combination of that extra length in their legs and the looser joints that come with a spurt. for sure. just my own theory!
He'll likely have a sore noggin for a few days, but it sounds like he's fine overall.

AFM: Off to church this morning. We're moving some stuff from the in-laws' to our house this afternoon - friends have a truck and need to go past our house for a dinner. It's just extra stuff that FIL brought with him, but we will be able to use it - a new dining table for us, 2 beds, a dresser, a lawnmower. I really wanna get it out of their way, though, so they can get their spare bedroom set up!

Ooo, and I need to text my friend and ask for some eggs (fresh farm eggs ) and a jar of pepper jelly (yes. still craving. every night.).

And speaking of every night. I've found the past few days that I'm getting light headed and dizzy easily in the mornings. I hate getting to this part of pregnancy - the "fix" for the morning yuckiness is to eat before bed. But I HATE eating after supper! I used to always snack in the evenings, but I know it's bad for you and I worked hard to break the habit. Now I don't have a choice!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone know if I can drink mothers milk tea by traditional medicinals? Peyton (dd)is sick and flipping out bc of low supply.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
LivingSimplyNM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Does anyone know if I can drink mothers milk tea by traditional medicinals? Peyton (dd)is sick and flipping out bc of low supply.
I think it's a no no. The fenugreek can cause contractions. There is something called "more milk two" that is for pregnant moms. Also try having a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning, keep your fluids up, and reduce stress as much as possible.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I keep brewers yeast in the fridge and add that to oatmeal.....well, when I was nursing.

Im watching a friends kids this am, skipping church & they have an indoor cat. Im allergic and am suffering. non stop sneezing, runny nose, sinus pressure. Ugh. So far, blah day!

Good news, the skinny jeans fit amazingly and are so cute. Love $6 steals!!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
I keep brewers yeast in the fridge and add that to oatmeal.....well, when I was nursing.

Im watching a friends kids this am, skipping church & they have an indoor cat. Im allergic and am suffering. non stop sneezing, runny nose, sinus pressure. Ugh. So far, blah day!

Oh no fun! Mil is allergic to dogs and we have a couch my parents gave us(they have 2dogs) and the last time they visited they had to leave after only a couple hours, I imagine that'd be hard. But yay for cute skinny jeans!

I got a few new bras yesterday, wow. Mine must have been stretched out cause these feel so Supportive. I got a strapless one for my wedding, and one with no cups, and that's my fav, might need to check online if they have more colors.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSimplyNM View Post
I think it's a no no. The fenugreek can cause contractions. There is something called "more milk two" that is for pregnant moms. Also try having a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning, keep your fluids up, and reduce stress as much as possible.
Thank you! I will make sure I eat some oatmeal and make some cookies!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've got 4 indoor kitties (and a dog) and I'm not really worried about it. One of them already loves sleeping in the bassinet and on the contour changing pad. Our lives are covered in cat fur (and good air purifiers),lol.

I had my NT Scan a few days ago on Friday. OB finally agrees with me on my due date (4/28, *not* 5/2) because the baby measured so big, but even going by my date, I was 12w5d on Friday and baby measured 13w6d! The nuchal fold was within normal range, so that's a relief, just waiting on bloodwork, then will do more bloodwork at my almost 17 week appointment. They are sticklers on the 20 week ultrasound for the anatomy scan, so no knowing the gender earlier. The tech on Friday wouldn't guess and I didn't get a pic that would show it. I kept trying to figure it out!

Does anyone have any fun Halloween things planned for next weekend? We're going to "come out" and tell everyone using our pumpkins (bought 5 this year instead of 4!)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Hmm... I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSimplyNM View Post
Those are some good suggestions for increasing your supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Oh yuck! But for some great jeans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~ View Post
I had my NT Scan a few days ago on Friday. OB finally agrees with me on my due date (4/28, *not* 5/2) because the baby measured so big, but even going by my date, I was 12w5d on Friday and baby measured 13w6d! The nuchal fold was within normal range, so that's a relief, just waiting on bloodwork, then will do more bloodwork at my almost 17 week appointment. They are sticklers on the 20 week ultrasound for the anatomy scan, so no knowing the gender earlier. The tech on Friday wouldn't guess and I didn't get a pic that would show it. I kept trying to figure it out!

Does anyone have any fun Halloween things planned for next weekend? We're going to "come out" and tell everyone using our pumpkins (bought 5 this year instead of 4!)
Whoa! Your "real" edd may actually be earlier than either of you were thinking!

We're having DS1's birthday party on Saturday, nothing halloween-y planned. We're not big on it here, just do costumes for the kids and let them get candy. I just want to get it over with to start on xmas!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Boooo on gender scan at 20 w, but here too. Not til nov 19 & I'll be 21w((((

Cute idea on announcing. We did that too with the kids.
My mil's 50th is nov 3 & I want to throw her a surpruse dinner. And we have a harvest fest that night. Busy weekend