Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DH is gone! Sad! Ok, had my moment now and will try very hard not to complain to you all about how sad and pathetic we are without him for six months. We did choose this (dh volunteered for this deployment, we were seeing an RE for fertility care and knew this would overlap, and he was in no way drafted into the Air Force) so I am really trying to keep perspective this time. I pretty much fell apart last time he deployed, but I had very bad PPD prior to him leaving so that had a lot to do with it. Anyways, trying to get back into this chat and our other usual activities after three days of tv and disregarding dishes, laundry, and homemade dinners.

Next weekend is a fall craft show (like artistry crafts not doll clothes and painted wood signs though I like those too). I am excited even though I have noooo money to spend. We did a fall festival type thing today. When DS woke up I asked him what we should do today and he said, "boo boo train ride!" So I bought us tickets for the train museums fall fest. It had a train ride to a "pumpkin patch" with hay rides, bouncy castles, boiled peanuts... It was a lot of fun! Most events around here (with the exception of stuff on the air force base) are fall based instead of Halloween based. My favorite pumpkin farmer told me they get several calls each year to verify his farm is not halloween based. Fine with me, I love just plain fall, too.

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 21st-27th

ugh! very sad - I'm sorry so he will still be gone on your EDD, yes? stinks!

and it's okay to vent a little regardless of the fact that we 'chose' the military life. Doesn't really make it any easier.

the good thing is the holidays should make time fly. The sad thing is holidays without your spouse are blah!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
LivingSimplyNM
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope the deployment goes smoothly Meg. I am praying mine doesn't deploy early next year, but you never know.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #14
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

ugh, I would be a mess if my DH was deployed, I don't know how you do it!

Thinking about going to the mall today for The Childrens Place 30% off everything 9(incl. clearance) sale. It says free shipping on all orders too (appears there isn't a minimum but i didn't look into it further), but I'd like to look through their clearance stuff. The clearance online was terrible. Most of the shirts were in spanish. LOL
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

ugh, I would be a mess if my DH was deployed, I don't know how you do it!

Thinking about going to the mall today for The Childrens Place 30% off everything 9(incl. clearance) sale. It says free shipping on all orders too (appears there isn't a minimum but i didn't look into it further), but I'd like to look through their clearance stuff. The clearance online was terrible. Most of the shirts were in spanish. LOL
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's got to be hard, Meg! Hoping the 6 months passes quickly for you.

Has anyone else not felt baby move yet? I'm 16 weeks and haven't felt anything. With DD1, I felt movement at 16 weeks, and with DD2 I felt it around 14 weeks. I have a doppler and know baby is still in there kicking around. I just feel like I should be feeling movement by now.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

So sorry about your dh being deployed. My baby bro gets back today after 6m in afganistan! Im an air force brat so I totally understand.

Ive got to clean today......in the worse way. Its baaaaad.

I also binged on junk food yesterday and my tummy is still unsettled
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Meg I hope the time goes by fast and smoothly. I am sorry. Even if you choose that life it doesn't make it any easier.

AFM: One kiddo home from school today. So he is on the couch watching Toy Story 2--that is what he requested
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Boooo on gender scan at 20 w, but here too. Not til nov 19 & I'll be 21w((((
It seems a long way off, but it'll be here before we know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
My DH is gone! Sad! Ok, had my moment now and will try very hard not to complain to you all about how sad and pathetic we are without him for six months. We did choose this (dh volunteered for this deployment, we were seeing an RE for fertility care and knew this would overlap, and he was in no way drafted into the Air Force) so I am really trying to keep perspective this time. I pretty much fell apart last time he deployed, but I had very bad PPD prior to him leaving so that had a lot to do with it. Anyways, trying to get back into this chat and our other usual activities after three days of tv and disregarding dishes, laundry, and homemade dinners.
I'm sorry he's gone, Meg. I can't imagine having my DH gone like that. And don't feel bad about complaining! You chose for him to do this, that doesn't make it easy, though!

Have fun with the fall activities! Sounds like a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Has anyone else not felt baby move yet? I'm 16 weeks and haven't felt anything. With DD1, I felt movement at 16 weeks, and with DD2 I felt it around 14 weeks. I have a doppler and know baby is still in there kicking around. I just feel like I should be feeling movement by now.
I wonder if you have an anterior placenta? Or maybe baby is facing your back so you're not feeling the movement?

AFM: We all slept in this morning Noone was up before 8:20... and the kids are supposed to be at school by 8:50! Oops! We all got up and rushed around like crazy. They were a few minutes late, but they got there.

I have to figure out everything I need for DS1's party this weekend and get to town sometime this week - stuff for loot bags and whatnot. Gotta make his cake, too... first I need to figure out what I'm doing for that, lol.

I keep remembering (and forgetting... and then remembering again!) that I have a meeting tonight about skating lessons in town. Hopefully I'll remember it again come this evening!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
andrea020611
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I haven't felt anything really yet (a flutter here and there, but I'm not sure if it's baby or gas). I'm 14 weeks, so still a bit early maybe.

I didn't feel anything until 22 weeks last time and I had an anterior placenta, which I have again this time. I think it can really muffle the baby movements. As my m/s improves, I'd love to start feeling and wiggles and kicks, just to reassure me that baby is still there!!

Meg - sorry to hear your husband is deployed, that must be hard. Even if you chose it, doesn't make it easier to be without him for 6 months. I hope time flies for you guys

Last edited by andrea020611; 10-22-2012 at 10:44 AM.
andrea020611 is offline   Reply With Quote