Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 21st-27th

My friend is 20 weeks and hasn't felt movement.. totally normal. but stressful!

AFM: physically sick again this morning after/during breakfast. There's nothing like having a toddler freaking out screaming and crying because mom is sick over the toilet. I love being all 'it's okay, I'll be right back' in a sing songy voice between upchucks. lovely.

Feel fine now, so that's a plus. but really? the only times I've been sick with this baby have been in the second trimester.. so unfair! So, I guess I am swearing off oatmeal and hashbrowns.. and broccoli, but that's different

can't really complain, I know.. some women are dealing with it everyday and for you, I am sorry!

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

AFM: physically sick again this morning after/during breakfast. There's nothing like having a toddler freaking out screaming and crying because mom is sick over the toilet. I love being all 'it's okay, I'll be right back' in a sing songy voice between upchucks. lovely.

Feel fine now, so that's a plus. but really? the only times I've been sick with this baby have been in the second trimester.. so unfair! So, I guess I am swearing off oatmeal and hashbrowns.. and broccoli, but that's different

can't really complain, I know.. some women are dealing with it everyday and for you, I am sorry!
I had issues with oatmeal and orange juice last pregnancy and have yet to drink oj since.

No movement yet for me. There are times when I think oh is that movement but then I wonder if it is something else. Waiting for my next Dr appt to see what is going on. I will feel much better after that appt is over.

I feel like this pregnancy is taking forever. I am not sure if it is my math or if what but I keep thinking ugh I am only in my third month.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

I had issues with oatmeal and orange juice last pregnancy and have yet to drink oj since.

No movement yet for me. There are times when I think oh is that movement but then I wonder if it is something else. Waiting for my next Dr appt to see what is going on. I will feel much better after that appt is over.

I feel like this pregnancy is taking forever. I am not sure if it is my math or if what but I keep thinking ugh I am only in my third month.
I feel like things are going so fast!! Only another month and change and I'll be halfway! I love being pregnant. I have the feeling April is going to come WAY too fast.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I feel like things are going so fast!! Only another month and change and I'll be halfway! I love being pregnant. I have the feeling April is going to come WAY too fast.
I'm dying to feel movement. I feel like mine is dragging.... I don't love being pregnant, but I haven't hated it before either. This time I'm just so exhausted and sensitive tummy-ed that I just want to have a baby already!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #25
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

A friend of mine said she didn't feel her 4th baby move until after 20 weeks - she was worried, not feeling him before then, but there was always a hb, and then things were fine on u/s. why some babies can "hide".

Oh dear, I really hope your tummy settles down and doesn't continue giving you troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post

Your appt is in another week, right?

I find pregnancy always feels draggy, like it's taking forever, in the first few months. But once I hit 4-5 months, it starts flying by and it's like before I know it it's baby-time.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Your appt is in another week, right?

I find pregnancy always feels draggy, like it's taking forever, in the first few months. But once I hit 4-5 months, it starts flying by and it's like before I know it it's baby-time.
Yes next tuesday!

Good thing you asked bc I looked it up I was thinking it was Thursday.

I really am not this bad at remembering things but it has been a struggle lately
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11

Has anyone else not felt baby move yet? I'm 16 weeks and haven't felt anything. With DD1, I felt movement at 16 weeks, and with DD2 I felt it around 14 weeks. I have a doppler and know baby is still in there kicking around. I just feel like I should be feeling movement by now.
Every site and book I have read says most moms wont feel movement until 16-22 weeks for non-first time moms and between 18-25 for first timers. No worries! You are just within the normal range. I havent felt a single thing. Not even a, "hmm what was that" moment.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Every site and book I have read says most moms wont feel movement until 16-22 weeks for non-first time moms and between 18-25 for first timers. No worries! You are just within the normal range. I havent felt a single thing. Not even a, "hmm what was that" moment.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
thanks Bunny that made me feel better too!!! I am 17 weeks tomorrow and havent felt anything definate just a few "hhmmm what was that" things. as the doc says I know everything is fine because I am sick as a dog still lol I still get sick most mornings but then i'm fine after that which is a huge improvement lol we were supposed to have our home birthing widwife appt today (the first one) but hubby had to work and this was the one for him to become comfortable with her so I had to reschedule we have our gender scan on Nov 6th and our current midwife appt after that! I cant wait!! I can't wait to get my new fetal doppler (will be here Wed) so I can at least hear the baby even if I cant feel it!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Whoa! Your "real" edd may actually be earlier than either of you were thinking!

We're having DS1's birthday party on Saturday, nothing halloween-y planned. We're not big on it here, just do costumes for the kids and let them get candy. I just want to get it over with to start on xmas!
It really can't be earlier, technically, because I was charting everything under the sun (cervical fluid, cervical position, temperature) *and* I ovulated a few days earlier than normal, on cycle day 11, just a few days after AF ended. Maybe fast grower right now and by my 20 week ultrasound he'll be back on track! We'll see. I say he automatically since we have two boys,lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
My DH is gone! Sad! Ok, had my moment now and will try very hard not to complain to you all about how sad and pathetic we are without him for six months. We did choose this (dh volunteered for this deployment, we were seeing an RE for fertility care and knew this would overlap, and he was in no way drafted into the Air Force) so I am really trying to keep perspective this time. I pretty much fell apart last time he deployed, but I had very bad PPD prior to him leaving so that had a lot to do with it. Anyways, trying to get back into this chat and our other usual activities after three days of tv and disregarding dishes, laundry, and homemade dinners. )
You military mama's are so strong, I would be a mess! (((hugs)))

Quote:
This! The first few months feel like forever, but I think it's going to start flying by soon, especially since we have all the major holidays coming up! Lots of distractions!

I have been unsure the last couple of weeks if I felt the baby moving or not, but now I'm positive that that's what it was and now I can definitely tell. I love it! It's sad knowing this is the last time I will ever experience this, but then again, I wasn't sure this time would ever come again for us, so I'm a gooey, excited mess, and so is dh (maybe not gooey,lol).

Is everyone coming out of the "morning" sickness fog? I think I'm finally on the upswing of not feeling nauseous 24/7.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #30
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Yes next tuesday!

Good thing you asked bc I looked it up I was thinking it was Thursday.
Glad I could be of help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~ View Post
I say he automatically since we have two boys,lol.
We say he/him too, but just because it feels more neutral than she/her... not sure why, lol!

AFM: Freakin' headaches feels like I've been doing that all day!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote