Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Moms of Peanuts

All of my kids are little too. My 26 month old DD is 23 lbs (a nightmare to buy undies and jeans for),, my 6 yr old is 40 lbs. My older DD was always thin until maybe third grade and now she is pretty average. My older DS is thin but not light (normal weight) but very short.

Advertisement

megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just got the fruit of the loom 2/3T panties for DD and she's been wearing them since she's been about 24 months and they fit just fine

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds1 was 19 lbs at 1 year. He's 5 now and is the same weight as ds2 who is 2 years old (ds2 is average for his age). ds1 is super skinny, but he's really tall. He's healthy and everything and on my side of the family we are more petite weight wise.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My last 3 kids were all around 10 pounds at 4 months. Everyone was concerned but I just have skinny tall kids. :shrug:
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when ds2 was born he was in the 95th percentile by the time he was 10 months old he was down to the 10th. totally healthy and happy but the dr (this is when we still did well visits) was telling me she wanted me to start bringing him in for weekly weigh ins. um yeah that was the last time we went in
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Anyone else have a small child or two or three, or however many you have?

DD is almost four months and 14lbs, everyone comments how she is super small/petite etc. I always see people with gigantic chubby cute babies but surely I'm not alone with my little peanut?

Maybe, she's not even that small but in comparison of the massive babies in my family she looks like it, lol.

You aren't alone at all. My son was 14 pounds at his last weight-check, and that was at 8 months old. I have his 9 month appointment next week and I don't expect him to have hit 15 pounds yet.

He's just always been a skinny dude. When I was 36 weeks I was sent for a growth-check ultrasound because between 33 and 36 weeks my belly measurement hadn't changed. The ultrasound showed he was pretty low on the percentile charts, but proportional and very active, so they didn't think there was a problem. At 10 days overdue he weighed under 7 pounds. He's currently about 30th percentile for height, but his weight isn't even on the chart.

So why aren't I worried? He is EBF and nurses on demand when I'm home, and he eats as much table food as he wants. He doesn't ever spit up and has frequent wet and poopy diapers. Also, he's one of the strongest baby I've personally seen. A nurse in the hospital yelled at me for not supporting his neck the day after he was born, and when I showed her he could hold it up by himself her jaw nearly hit the floor. At his 4 month checkup he was sitting independently and bearing his full weight when standing (that's when the pediatrician said "I think he's probably fine!"). At 5 months he was pulling up to stand on our coffee table, cruising along said coffee table at 6 months. First independent steps at 7 months. Now at 9 months he will crawl to a chair, pull up to stand, then let go and easily walk 10 feet to his toy box. Basically he only crawls far enough to grab something to help him get to a stand, then he takes off walking wherever he wants to go.

...and, besides, it all runs in our family. My mom swears all her babies could hold their heads up at birth. Hubby and I were both "underweight" for the first 15 years of life, and no formula or high-calorie foods changed that. So thank goodness we have a pediatrician who looks at the things our baby is doing and the way hubby and I were as children, rather than just the number on the scale. She's never recommended formula, growth hormones, or any of the other stuff so many strangers and family-members have told us we "probably need to get him to a healthy weight." There's no such thing as a healthy weight, only a healthy baby. If the baby is healthy then whatever weight he/she is is just fine!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
andrea020611
Registered Users

My DD is almost 21 pounds at 20 months. She's average height for her age but very slim. I think she looks adorable, I can't imagine her any bigger. Some of her toddler friends are bruisers and tower over her.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

My 8.5 month dd is 13.5 lbs.My odd was 13 lb 6 oz at ten months and is now 33 lbs and will be 5 in 7 wks. Ds is 42 and a new 7. All average birth weights and all huge appetites.
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

My DS was 5lbs 12 oz at birth and now at 17 months just over 20 lbs. He's around 10th percentile in height but 80th in head size! Skinny baby with a big head! He's just perfect if you ask me!
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

*I also had a little breakdown a couple months ago and needed my pediatrician to talk me down off the formula ledge. I went to Target and bought a 6 month onesie, and when I put it on babe it fit perfectly! Yay! My 6 month old was fitting 6 month clothing finally! Then hubby pointed out that only the hanger said 6 months... the tag on the onesie said NB. I've had to start ignoring the whole clothing size/age thing, otherwise I feel like a bad mom, especially when other people tell you proudly that their 1 year old is already in 2T. It can make you feel so inferior, no matter how much you tell yourself being twice as tall isn't necessarily better than being half as tall. KWIM?
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote