Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #51
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

My 5 year old is 31 lbs.

He wasnt 10 lb till after 6 months.

As Long as baby follows its own Curve I wouldnt worry.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #52
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Two of my four kids are on the small side of average, one has been on the upper side of average her whole life until recently (her growth has slowed a lot--she's now middle to lower side of average.)

One of my kids is very tiny and always has been. At 1 year old she only weighed 15 lbs. She was very active and was always running everywhere and in public, people would just gawk at her and ask me how old she was. She looked like a scrawny 6 month old. She was still only 18 pounds at 2 years old and finally hit that 20 lb mark before she turned 3.

She was a competitive gymnast for a lot of years so she stayed tiny from training so hard. She retired over a year ago and has grown a few inches and gained 15 lbs. She looks fantastic with some weight on her, but she could stand to gain ten or so more. She's 15 years old, 5' tall, and almost 90lbs. She's probably full grown; both her grandmothers are 5' and under. She's so excited that this year she can wear size 00 so that she doesn't have to shop in the kids section anymore.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #53
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of Peanuts

Both kids are small, but DS is especially small. He's literally NOT on the charts for weight (25% for height). At 6.5 he's 37lbs. He wears 3t-4t for shorts, but size 5 for pants because he needs the length. But they have to be slim and adjustable to tighten all the way in. Underwear is tricky. We bought him size 5 and they fell off of him. LOL. He's just teeny tiny. I don't know his birth weight, but he didn't hit 20lbs until 2 years old. DD is 15 months younger than him and weighs 5lbs more.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #54
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

my kids are all tiny. Esp my girls.

My DS is average, maybe slightly bigger for his age. He's 4 and is about 38 lbs.

My ODD is almost 5 and is 37lbs, my YDD is almost 19 mos and is not even 20 lbs yet.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #55
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a daycare baby who is 15 months old and only weighs 15 lbs.

Honestly, he looks shockingly small. People actually stop with stunned looks when they see him move because he's very mobile and can climb like a three year old, so it looks like a five month old is running and climbing.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #56
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Mine are both small people too. DH and I are both 5 foot 3 and not overly big so i guess it's to be expected. DD1 is almost 5 in kindergarten. She is 40 lb and 40". She's about a head smaller than the other kids. DD2 is 2.5 and about 25 pounds. Most of my friends kids who are 6 months younger are taller and bigger.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #57
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This thread makes me feel so much better.
DD is 8yo. At her check up in August she was 51" and 43 lbs. She wears a 6X or 7 slim.
DS1 is 5yo, not sure on height but it was 20% and weighs 35 lbs.
DS2 is my chunker. He'll be 3 in December. He is 36" and 29 lbs.

DH isn't big. I'm fluffy now but didn't weigh over 105 lbs until having kids. They all eat well and hit physical milestones fine.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote