Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
oldmomma
Registered Users

homemade trainers

I am trying ec with my 14 month old and I was frustrated with the no pants thing. DH was not having it, at all. So I was thinking that I could make my own trainers since I have all these small prefolds that we hardly use. But my 2 sewing machines are in need of an overhaul, so sewing was out of the picture. So I thought, could I take some panties and snap in a trifolded prefold. I bought myself some snap pliers (I went cheap and convenient and did the Hobby Lobby brand) and snaps as well as new 2T/3T panties (I just think it is weird if DD2 wears DD1's underwear). I had to get new designs so I could keep them separate and of course now DD1 wants to wear the new Cinderella and My little pony panties.

Anyway, I did add some side snaps to one pair to see if I could make them a little more snug since she only wears 18 month clothing. They work just fine. I could improve upon the design such as adding PUL to the crotch or something but no sewing machine. They do hang a little off the sides of the crotch too, but they are completely functional. I don't worry about stuff like that and plus I am recycling my old prefolds and she can wear the panties when she is completely done without the prefold. So far I am liking them. I had to make extra trifolded prefolds since sometimes she wets a little and it doesn't soak through to the panties.

Sorry about the overuse of the words panties and crotch. Ah, I hate those words.

Advertisement

oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

How cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm actually in the process of doing something similar myself. I bought some cheap Hello Kitty panties and some zorb. I'm sewing zorb into the soaker area ( on the outside). I did the first pair today! I may add a fold out layer as well. Your prefolds will be much better than my zorb for catching pee, I think. But my prefolds are far too crunchy for against the skin.

Do you have pics?
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
oldmomma
Registered Users

Re: homemade trainers

I will get some pics for you.

Hello Kitty goes over well at our house too
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
oldmomma
Registered Users

Re: homemade trainers

Alright finally some pictures. Okay I am not sure if I am attatching the pictures right so here we go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff 3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	126156   Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	126157   Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	126158  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmomma
Alright finally some pictures. Okay I am not sure if I am attatching the pictures right so here we go.
Those are great! So simple and functional. Good job mama.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote