Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Registered Users
PSA! Always triple check your RX

So dd has a urinary/bladder issue, and we encounter many UTIs. As a result, she has inflammed kidneys, which can lead to kidney failure. So she takes a precautionary abx daily.

Saturday her nighttime pullup reeked, and she only peed 1x. I couldn't get her into the Urgent Care because I was carless, and I didn't want to wait all night in an ER, so we waited until Sunday to head towards the Urgent Care.

Long story short, I told them about her abx. They confirmed UTI, wrote a script. I don't understand the mambo-jambo they right, i just assumed they were giving her the right meds.

Fill it today, and after I've paid I remember to ask if the meds will interact with her current meds.. come to find out, its the same dang meds! Same dose even!

So I'm out $5 for meds we're already giving her that didn't help her keep the infection away, nor is it getting rid of it.

WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Art mama
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: PSA! Always triple check your RX

It's scary how often Meds get mixed up or they don't pay attention
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users

all sorts of horror stories with mixed up meds and such. my mom picked up her meds from walmart once and they ddidn't look right. turns out they weren't the right meds. lord only knows what they gave her.
Join Citrus Lane for a surprise box every month, cancel any time. First month $15
Join Swagbucks and earn free gift cards!
Check out 10DollarMall where everything is under $10 .. clothes, shoes, handbags, etc!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

That sucks! Are you able to get her to drink lots of water? That will help with the smell and infection, along with Cystex or cranberry pills. I have kidney/bladder issues, and get 2-6 bad UTI's per year from kidney reflux. I take Azo for the pain, and flush with lots and lots of water, and cranberry (not juice, that just has more sugar). It helps a lot.

I have been on so many antibiotics since I was little for these issues, most of them don't do a thing for me. I'm somewhat immune to them, so they have to give me high dosages or different ones when I do get them.
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote