Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gift ideas for an almost 2.5 year old

I'd go with books, puzzles, and high quality wooden toys. I have a lot of reviews for them on my blog (link in siggy).

Advertisement

Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ANYTHING with wheels. ANYTHING related to something with wheels. He likes animals too. He likes books, particularly books about things that have wheels. (See a theme here? ) He loves his Magnadoodle. He loves his barn. He loves his wagon. He has one of those toys like they have in waiting rooms - with the colorful wires and wooden beads that you move all around. He plays with that ALL THE TIME. He has a laptop that is geared to his age that he plays with frequently. He likes puzzles. He loves his flashlight.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Faves around here are a small shopping cart, the train table, and a big set of real, large, wood blocks (like they use in preschools). DD will probably get an indoor trampoline for Christmas.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84
ANYTHING with wheels. ANYTHING related to something with wheels. He likes animals too. He likes books, particularly books about things that have wheels. (See a theme here? ) He loves his Magnadoodle. He loves his barn. He loves his wagon. He has one of those toys like they have in waiting rooms - with the colorful wires and wooden beads that you move all around. He plays with that ALL THE TIME. He has a laptop that is geared to his age that he plays with frequently. He likes puzzles. He loves his flashlight.
What brand is the "laptop"?
Thanks for all the suggestions! I added a balance bike and magnadoodle to the list and will probe one musical instruments... Love the ideas!!
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS is getting a train table. A big nice one. I found it on CL for $75 and grandparents are giving it to him. I also found an big metal tonka truck on ebay for $12. It so big that he can sit in it. Those are some of his presents. He will be 2.5 in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

plasma car.
playmobil 123 sets
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
What brand is the "laptop"?
Thanks for all the suggestions! I added a balance bike and magnadoodle to the list and will probe one musical instruments... Love the ideas!!
don't know about hers, specifically.

but DD has a leaptop (Leap Frog) that she enjoys. It looks like a little laptop, and you personalize it with their name and you can choose the songs it plays and then it has alphabet, animal sounds, different things they can do.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have the Fisher Price "My First Laptop" and it is pretty lame. Sounds like the LeapFrog one might be better.

My DD likes: trains, cars, her toy stroller, her dollhouse, playing "cooking" in the sandbox, her baby brother (lol), purses or bags to stash things in and carry around the house (usually Thomas trains).

I think we're getting her the Ikea play kitchen for Xmas (or rather, the grandparents are b/c they like to get something big). Also books, Thomas track, and another round of MusicGarten.

Good luck!!

ETA - the balance bike sounds intriguing, might look into that too. Love reading everyone's suggestions!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012

Last edited by Alaga; 10-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaga

My DD likes: trains, cars, her toy stroller, her dollhouse, playing "cooking" in the sandbox, her baby brother (lol), purses or bags to stash things in and carry around the house (usually Thomas trains).
We already got him a sibling for Xmas.. I'm due the 16 th. i do hope it's his favorite gift hehehe
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote