Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
TravsQueenie
Registered Users
seller

V-Tech Innotab or LeapPad Explorer?

I'm looking at getting a learning tablet for my three year old for Christmas. I think I have it narrowed down to the V-Tech Innotab or LeapPad Explorer. Anyone have these and can give me a review? Which do you prefer?

Advertisement

TravsQueenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Ariomi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: V-Tech Innotab or LeapPad Explorer?

We got our DD the innotab for chritsmas last year and she was 3. I did lots of research on reviews before we bought it and the general consensus was that the LeapPads had a lot of "commercial" ads and things that would just pop up on start up or (I can't remember when exactly) all throughout the use of the product. It was a major dissadvantage in my eyes (the sort of suff like, "have your parents log on too. . . ") The innotab only has one small ad like that under a certain button and thats it...the only draw back to the innotab is that there are less games available in stores...the stores carry more LeapPad games then Innotab. However, online there is a vast array for Innotab.

To be honest, she played with it a little bit and then it was left alone for a good few months. I thought it was a waste of money for a 3yo and then we customized it a bit (put on family vidoes to the sd card ect.) and took it with us on an 18 hour car ride and it was wonderful! So many things for her to do and we only brought it out as a last resort....

I'm happy with the purchase, however, 3 is a bit young and it would have been put to use much more if we had gotten it for this coming up Chirstmas.
Ariomi is offline   Reply With Quote