Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Were they wrong with us about the gender or # of babies?

Tell me about it!

I for some reason cannot trust the docs (or anyone for that matter) but particularly with the ultrasound. I just can't ever believe it until I see it in person I guess. Anyway, we decided to skip finding out the gender this time (since I never believe them anyway) and now I'm convinced they missed a second baby in the 8 week ultrasound. Rationally I know this incredibly unlikely but I won't believed there is only one until they tell me again at the 20 week us.

So, tell me about when they were wrong about the gender of your baby OR about when they missed multiples so I can feed my insanity

Advertisement

nursenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Were they wrong with us about the gender or # of babies?

We were told boy at our 20 week u/s with our first and baby was born a GIRL! All the other kids u/s showed right gender.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Just because you asked for it. I have had 2 friends who were told wrong. One was told a girl and now has 3 boys and no girls. The other was told boy. They now have 2 girls and no boy. Both were so convinced of the accuracy of the gender prediction they were prepared only for the gender they did not get.

US can also be waaay off on weight estimates as well. My sister was told with her second she was having a small 8-9lb baby. Her first was 10lb 5oz. She wound up delivering a 10lb 13oz baby girl 5 days before her due date. Unmedicated home birth.

Another friend was told she needed to deliver 2 weeks early because she was having a big baby. She delivered a teeny tiny 5lb ?oz baby 2 weeks early. induced

Another friend was told big baby as well so she needed a c section. She was told this baby was much bigger than her previous baby. She went ahead and scheduled the section. Although baby wasn't teeny tiny he wasn't big either. He was smaller than her previous baby. She told me she regretted the unnecesary section.

On the positive side for the doctors. They told me I was having a 7-8lb baby with my last one. He was born 7lb 7oz. I was also told he was a boy. He is a boy. But then he showed everything in his US. There was no guess work involved and no training needed to know he was a boy.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

They could maybe miss a baby at 8 weeks but I'm sure they'll pick up two heart beats long before your 20 week ultrasound.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry, my experience isn't going to feed your insanity.. lol! I've found out the gender between 15-20 weeks with all 5 of my LO's, and the ultrasound technician has never been wrong.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have two personal friends who have been told they were having boys and delivered girls. This is one of the biggest reasons I'm 'team green'. because I spout out things like that and I've learned that you get what you give, so I'll never be able to trust that I was told right.

As for multiples, while it's possible..... I just sorta doubt it. Anyways, when they use the doppler, the machine should tell them how many heartbeats they're hearing. Not to say that it doesn't happen..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It was 28 years ago, but my parents were told I was going to be a very small (5lb range) boy. I was born 8lbs 1oz and obviously a girl
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

With the 20wk u/s for my 4th we were told girl. However, a few months later I had another u/s and it was definitely a boy. If I had not have had the other u/s I would've expected a girl come birthing day.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not quite the same but my last singleton had "2" heartbeats and was just one little girl. We are Team Green every time and don't do u/s so there was some suspense for awhile with my measurements. W are also finding "2" heartbeats this time as well but my measurements have leveled off and I'm thinking that there is only 1 in there this time as well. I'm hoping to find out this week (41+1 today!).

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh boy, my experience is going to make you go bonkers! They were wrong about our multiples. Said we had one in the first trimester u/s then found out in a second ultrasound when complications came up that there were TWO babies. I am sure this is not common but it happened to us. Our twin girls were born a couple weeks after we found out leaving very little time to prepare for two instead of one. All that being said I am happy that I have my beautiful twins! This baby I made them check for about 20 min. to make sure there was only ONE!