Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
MamaMuffin's Avatar
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 258
Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

My son is going to be "officially" viable in two days, meaning he has a 50/50 chance of survival if he's born early. I realize that all the other July mamas are reaching about the same milestone-- babies due in early July have an 80-90% chance of survival, and babies due in late July have just hit the 10% mark! I hope that all of our babies stick around until summer, but it's so exciting to reach this point and know that there's a chance that things could be okay if something went wrong. Best of luck, July mamas!

Advertisement

__________________
Proud mommy to gifted autistic V born spring 08
and my precious rainbow baby D, due in July
I make fluffy money on Bubblews-- get paid to write whatever you want!
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

I thought that wasn't until 24 weeks? I'm still 3 1/2 weeks away from that.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
BCsMom's Avatar
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 345
Re: Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

I was thinking about this when I hit 24 weeks this past Sunday! Definitely a great milestone and I'm breathing a little easier. Nice to feel all the kicks, too.
__________________
Beth, wife to E (1/2010), momma to L (5/2012) and S (7/2014)! ~ amazed every day!
BCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
MamaMuffin's Avatar
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 258
Re: Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I thought that wasn't until 24 weeks? I'm still 3 1/2 weeks away from that.
I'm 24 weeks tomorrow-- "due" July 10. You're having a late-July baby?
__________________
Proud mommy to gifted autistic V born spring 08
and my precious rainbow baby D, due in July
I make fluffy money on Bubblews-- get paid to write whatever you want!
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
munchkin_mama's Avatar
munchkin_mama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 58
My Mood:
Re: Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

Very exciting It's a weird thought for me because a friend of mine had a baby back in December and she was 24 weeks. It has been fun to see his progress the last several months. It is really an eye opener as to what they really look like inside at that stage. I couldn't imagine giving birth right now at 24 weeks. It's so cool how God gave us the technology to help out the itty bitty preemies, where as however many years ago they wouldn't have had any chance.
munchkin_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
cowvetmama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 29
Re: Happy Viability Day(s), Mamas!

I just want to thank whoever started this thread. I didn't really know the odds right now other then after 20 weeks the doctors want to see us more I had an accident on Saturday that led to contractions very close together for a period of time. The doctors didn't seem concerned and were able to get them slowed down (still having contractions). I was able to remain pretty calm for a FTM because I knew I had read this and got on my phone to double check! Thanks again!
cowvetmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.