Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: FYI - Not All Yogurt is Yogurt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
Personally, I only allow yogurt made from the milk of free range, barn free, anti-antibiotic, golden grass (ripened in part sun) fed, hand-expressed (machines? yuck!) by magical fairies, pure, Holstein sacred cows from the Elite bloodline. I will only buy it if it is processed after the Solstice (because otherwise, there are some allergens in the air that I would NEVER allow to come into contact with my food!!).

I feed it to my precious little ones with a non-chemical imparting golden spoon that I only wash in tea tree oil and fresh spring water. I'd never add anything to the yogurt, other than fresh picked, in season, organic, gently sliced, fruit. Never, EVER, fruit preserves!?! *Shudder*

Do I win the Best Mommy snack war?
I have you beat. I raise those cows and help the fairies. And I sleep in a straw hut and eat out of huge leaves

Okay back to the OP.
True.
But admittedly we love those processed things in our house and my kiddos eat their fair share of Dora and Trix yogurt To be fair though, it's a not a huge deal to me.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #22
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Personally, I only allow yogurt made from the milk of free range, barn free, anti-antibiotic, golden grass (ripened in part sun) fed, hand-expressed (machines? yuck!)by magical fairies, pure, Holstein sacred cows from the Elite bloodline. I will only buy it if it is processed after the Solstice (because otherwise, there are some allergens in the air that I would NEVER allow to come into contact with my food!!).

I feed it to my precious little ones with a non-chemical imparting golden spoon that I only wash in tea tree oil and fresh spring water. I'd never add anything to the yogurt, other than fresh picked, in season, organic, gently sliced, fruit. Never, EVER, fruit preserves!?! *Shudder*

Lol I actually thought you were serious until the fairy part, how sad is that? I was like "golden grass"?!? Thats intense!!

I admit my tastebuds are pathetic, and I cant stomach plain yogurt, but I wouldnt put m&ms in it either.

Sadly we love "fruit snacks" sometimes, but dd also loves grapes so it's all good.

I keep thinking those of you that make your own yogurt must really have your sh** together, Im just happy to get the dishes washed. sigh.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton

Lol I actually thought you were serious until the fairy part, how sad is that? I was like "golden grass"?!? Thats intense!!

I admit my tastebuds are pathetic, and I cant stomach plain yogurt, but I wouldnt put m&ms in it either.

Sadly we love "fruit snacks" sometimes, but dd also loves grapes so it's all good.

I keep thinking those of you that make your own yogurt must really have your sh** together, Im just happy to get the dishes washed. sigh.
I make my own yogurt because we are poor and it is much cheaper.
I personally hate yogurt of all varieties but my ODD likes plain Greek style so I make it for her

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yogurt is gagilicious that said my kids inhale it. i try to get the organic low sugar kind but dh usually gets the danimals drinks. i dont stress over it. we only do homemade juice but my kids have been known to eat chocolate chips(organic thoughg lol) by the BAG. win some, loose some
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #25
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
well, if it's not vanilla or fruit flavored, I can't eat it. I tried to eat the plain stuff and it's gross. I don't like it at all. Not going to pretend I do.

I do draw the line at 'kids yogurts', because I don't see the point in cottoncandy flavored yogurt when my child will eat fruit and yogurt just fine. I used to buy my husband the ones with candies on the tops that he would eat as snacks and I think they're just fine as well. He was eating them as a snack.. not as some meal replacement 'I think I'm so healthy' type of thing. They're snack foods.

DD gets greek yogurt, I eat normal yogurt (vanilla or with fruit) because greek yogurt is horribly bitter to me. But she doesn't know that, so she gets it.
Ditto this. I can't stand plain yogurt. It is gross. The only way plain yogurt gets used in our house is for my girly parts if they are yeasty.

As for the boys they get fruit yogurt. none of the "kids" yogurts just fruit.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
MyLovely
Registered Users

I'm not a huge yogurt person, but baked green apples (slice and sprinkle with the tiniest bit of brown sugar and some cinnamon) in a bowl of plain greek yogurt is a huge hit around here

Strawberry almond milk yogurt is also a hit.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
R055ANA
Registered Users

Thanks for posting about this!

We don't really do the kids yogurt around here. If it is neat neon colors than it probably isn't healthy. Also the cost on those yogurts is crazy. I may buy it once in a blue moon if it is free on rebate otherwise we will just get a large container of our local supermarket low fat vanilla yogurt. Plain isn't as big a hit to eat alone but I do enjoy it on potatoes as a substitute for sour cream or we use it as a dip w/ veggies.

My DH on the other hand will only eat the completely sugar loaded yogurts. Candy on top is something he likes and w/ him I figure it is the same as him going to buy some sugary, fatty thing outside the house and we are spending less on it. Hopefully the sugary yogurt is just one speck healthier than what he may get out of the house.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Personally, I only allow yogurt made from the milk of free range, barn free, anti-antibiotic, golden grass (ripened in part sun) fed, hand-expressed (machines? yuck!) by magical fairies, pure, Holstein sacred cows from the Elite bloodline. I will only buy it if it is processed after the Solstice (because otherwise, there are some allergens in the air that I would NEVER allow to come into contact with my food!!).

I love that the fruit is gently sliced. Be kind to the fruit!!! No fruit cruelty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I have you beat. I raise those cows and help the fairies. And I sleep in a straw hut and eat out of huge leaves

Okay back to the OP.
True.
But admittedly we love those processed things in our house and my kiddos eat their fair share of Dora and Trix yogurt To be fair though, it's a not a huge deal to me.
That's why you have to eat processed foods. The hut has no power to make your own. It's ok.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Okay back to the OP.
True.
Well, crap. Still second rate over here. :bang head:

In real life, my kids eat lots of types of yogurt--fruit yogurt, greek yogurt, low fat, full fat, not sure on the yogurt with candy ( I don't think I've bought that). We snack on fruits and veggies, cheese, peanut butter on something, popcorn , frozen treats, pretzels, goldfish, granola bars. I don't often buy chips (because I eat them), rarely buy candy or prepackaged baked type stuff, never buy soda for kids, but they have had these things at others' houses. We subscribe to an "all things in moderation, nothing to excess" diet around here with mostly whole foods.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Eh, I suck. My kids love yogurt of all kinds and since they refuse almost all kinds of meat I figure yogurt is a good source of protein. I do buy the "treat" ones on occasion because hey, they're good. I mostly buy vanilla in the big tub and add some mini chocolate chips.

But we also eat tons of pre packaged crap and eat out at least 3 times a week. So yogurt in my house, even the "unhealthy" kind, still trumps fast food on the health scale.

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote