Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy going great, I am not

I really do have an awesome OB and I don't like them!

Due to my fun this weekend, another doc told me I was harming Squishy with the amount of narcotics I have taken. Surprisingly Squishy is a bigger than normal baby (at 75%) and everything was perfect from the U/S. So my doc wrote a letter stating what I have been telling them every single time. I talked to the Patient Advocate and she and the hospital are working very diligently (with my OB too!) to make sure I get the care I need if I need it. I only have 16 weeks left of me possibly needing to go to the ER, then surgery! At least I found out the hospital is BF friendly and has actual tubs in the rooms. Maybe I will do the tour this time!

He put me on a stronger antibiotic because I don't think that one I am on is killing everything (still have symptoms but lessened). I have been so scared it will turn into a kidney infection which means hospitalization for IV antibiotics.

Other than that, I am trying to get everything ready. I think I am going to get a new crib because I can't find the hardware and it is recalled. I found a similar one on Amazon for the same price as CL around here. I have to get a changing table still and it is hard to decide which one get (CL is good for them) and pick one up if I keep going to the ER every few weeks.

I am 23w4d and every day that passes is another day Squishy grows is another day for "him" to be closer to being able to kick my kidney. This means the higher chance of the pain getting worse.

Honestly the pregnancy is going very well and technically I am low risk. But how my body reacts to being pregnant is a different story. Being on narcotics makes things high risk. I am making sure this is the last pregnancy I have. I want DH to get snipped but if he can't right away I am getting Paraguard (copper IUD). I cannot go through another pregnancy like this again. I am already starting to get depressed because of this. I really feel like I am letting down my family and the kids' schools because I can't volunteer (I enjoy it so much). Because of me being in so much pain this weekend, I almost had to cancel DD's 7th b-day party. I did not get to make it super special for her.

Enough pity party for now. I have a big baby who is growing perfectly. I have an awesome OB who is going above and beyond for me. I have a wonderful DH who is so much more supportive this time (he was dealing with PTSD last time). I have people who care about me and how Squishy and I are doing. It is nice to know I am cared about during this pregnancy.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry to hear things are going so rough. I hope the rest of the pregnancy passes quickly and more easily for you. Feel free to vent away!