View Poll Results: should a 9 month old EBF child sleep through the night?
yes 18 18.00%
no 82 82.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
lunamoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: does/did your 9 month old EBF child....

BTW, DD sleeps right beside me in a bassinet next to the bed. Can't co-sleep because hubby uses a CPAP and gets into WAY too deep of a sleep for her safety. (I can defend myself and push him away if I have to, LOL, but she can't!)
In case that is relevant in anyone's mind...

Advertisement

lunamoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:

have had two 9 month olds so far and they nursed on and off all night long.
We also coslept so I didn't notice it much either unless it was one of those nights where they'd wake up and act like it was 3:00 in the afternoon instead of 3:00 in the morning. Kept a stash of diapers on the nightstand and never had to get out of bed.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #23
Aprille0199
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is sleeping through the night???
Old 05-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #24
grisaleen
Registered Users
seller

My dd is 10.5 months and just last night slept for a record five hours. Longest stretch yet.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

My first son was exclusively breastfed until he was 10.5 months old and he didn't sleep through the night until he was 16 months old.

My second son is not 9 months old yet (he will be 8 months old in a week and a half) but he is exclusively breastfed and not sleeping through the night, and I don't think he will be anytime soon.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprille0199 View Post
What is sleeping through the night???

Neither of my kids sleep through the night every night...oh well
Old 05-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #27
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

Do you co-sleep? I've found that my son will not sleep through the night when we co-sleep, but he sleeps from 10pm-7am (well, he's growth spurting, so last night he slept 10pm-8:45am) in his crib. Sometimes we still co-sleep just because I miss the snuggles, and he comes into bed w/me upon awakening, but it got to the point where we were both exhausted and cranky all day from waking up every hour at night. Even if he and I are in the same room, he wakes up earlier than usual--around 5. Dunno why.

Though, nora, I must say.. I sleep through the night. I know lots of folks who do!
lilyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #28
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, you ladies really need to check out the miracle wrap. I never thought it would be possible, but my 3 mo has been sleeping 7-10 1/2 hrs a night w/o waking or fussing since she was about 2 mo. I really do attribute it to using an Amby baby hammock and the miracle wrap, because if she gets herself out of the wrap, she wakes herself up with her hands. She is ebf and growing very well, actually much faster than we expected since dd#1 has always been so petite, so we kind of expeceted dd#2 to be small as well.

I always thought it was a myth that babies can and will sleep through the night. I don't know how long it will last, but I am enjoying it for now.

DD#1 was bf until 14 1/2 mo. At about 10 mo, I decided to stop feeding her at night since I couldn't do it comfortably in bed which a lot of you do & then fall back to sleep. She kind of co-slept with us at that point. We had her crib up next to the bed with the mattress at the highest level and the moveable side down. At 10 mo when I decided enough night feeding, I pulled her in bed with me and let her "squirm it out". She didn't cry, she just fussed a little and kept squirming around until she fell back to sleep in my armpit. That went on for a few nights and then the time she would squirm gradually got smaller and smaller until she would just wake up, crawl over and throw herself in my armpit, and go back to sleep. To this day (at 3 1/2), she still loves to sleep there with her head on my arm.

This is just what worked with us. I can now comfortably feed dd#2 lying down in bed, so we will see what happens as she grows. If there's one thing I learned with dd#1, it's that the only consistent thing about kids is the inconsistency! Just when you think you have it figured out, they change the rules!

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
sienna
Registered Users

I think if she "should" be sleeping thru, she "would" be sleeping thru. My 9 month old nurses less than she did a few months ago, but she is still def def nursing at night. i don't know how much (cuz we cosleep) but i would guess at least 3 times....

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #30
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, my bad. The official name is the Miracle Blanket. Here is the website.
http://www.miracleblanket.com/

Also, the Amby baby hammock is:
www.ambybaby.com/
The Amby baby hammock is recommended by Dr. Sears for those of you familiar with him!

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote