Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Plaleo/Primal Chat October, November & December

Trying to get back on the Primal wagon. I am so far off for the last couple weeks. I've been under a lot of stress and was staying with my mom who is very ill-- so I was eating out often and eating what my dad made. Grilled cheese, etc.

I am back home now, and trying to get it back together. I've been feeling really off lately and I want to get back to normal.

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veg's Dragonflies
I'm thinking of doing the paleo-diet but if I do, I am determined to do it fully with the raw meat and all. But really felt good after i switched to a fish and frit diet. I gained muscle back and just wanted to take off running. I had so much energy and dropped down to 118lbs from 130lbs in two weeks. I went from a size 8 to a 5. I've still got more research to do before I make the big decision.
So dumb question -- all you ate for 2 weeks was fish and fruit? Did the weight come right back on when you stopped or are you still on it?

AFM, I'm not sure what I am. I did a 21 day challenge to cut out alcohol, grains and sweeteners before thanksgiving and felt so good and lost about 6 lbs and decided to keep it up so I'm still grain free and sweetener free and only get alcohol in my vanilla which I sometimes use for cooking.

I would love to join y'all (especially if y'all share recipes. I need some good coconut flour recipes that don't call for reg flours.).
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Christina, I personally have found that its easier to just not eat items typically made with flour than to find good recipes for alternate flours. I never liked anything made with coconut, almond, etc...

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^ I agree.

I make peanut butter (we don't like almond butter) cookies that use almond flour sometimes for treats. And I also add a little almond flour when I make my banana pancakes. But mostly I just gave up the stuff.

Last night we had an uncured ham from Trader Joe's and I am getting ready to make ham and eggs for brunch. I'm starving!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
Christina, I personally have found that its easier to just not eat items typically made with flour than to find good recipes for alternate flours. I never liked anything made with coconut, almond, etc...
I agree...except for almond flour banana muffins and a sugar type cookie made out of almond flour. I keep hoping I will find the coconut flour love....but alas, it has alluded me

We started hard core this morning...for lunch I had salad with shredded chicken, and for supper we are having meatloaf, green beans, and cauliflower mash.

Anyone have their menus planned for the week yet?

Oh, and can I join you guys???? LOL!!!!!

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!

Last edited by HillbillyMama; 11-26-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my menu planned, but then I went to the store and came home with a bunch of stuff that wasn't on my list... So menu planning is on the to do list today.

We do some dairy, and I am having broccoli cheese soup today for lunch made with heavy cream and a potato blended into the base to thicken it. I hope it works LOL
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am doing my menu tonight, too...I'll post it later this evening.

Am I the only one wanting to lose weight doing this? I am doing it for health, too, but I really want to lose this excess weight that I have. My goal weight is only 53 lbs. away

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I am trying to lose weight too. I've lost 26lb since February and DH has lost over 70.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm trying to lost the muffin top
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyMama

I agree...except for almond flour banana muffins and a sugar type cookie made out of almond flour. I keep hoping I will find the coconut flour love....but alas, it has alluded me

We started hard core this morning...for lunch I had salad with shredded chicken, and for supper we are having meatloaf, green beans, and cauliflower mash.

Anyone have their menus planned for the week yet?

Oh, and can I join you guys???? LOL!!!!!
Can you share the banana muffin and sugar cookie recipes?