Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pocket Diapers as Covers???

I do it with flats padfolded. Actually, to make it easy, I folded the flats in fourths and serged off the edges, then I could trifold it in a cover either the short way or the long way. I would go with flats over prefolds in a pocket--trifolded PFs are too bulky to fit without leg gaps in many brands.

Advertisement

Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife

IDK, maybe for the same reason I hate doubling the microfiber... some pockets are a PITA to stuff and shoving a whole prefold in there sounds exhausting.
But even if I had to wash the shell EVERY change that's better than him loading the microfiber with pee so full it overflows every time, kwim? Right now I'm washing diapers AND clothes like crazy... and the smell of pee is driving me crazy!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
I originally stuffed all my diapers with a microfiber insert and then decided I didn't want to use microfiber so I unstuffed them and am using flats. I folded some flats & stuffed them in and actually thought it was easier. The microfiber always wanted to bunch in the middle but the flats don't tend to do that as much. I think because there's more to them thickness wise than the insert.
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
happyhungryhippo
Registered Users

I use almost all of my pocket diapers as covers for prefolds. I just alternate them between pees. Go for it!
happyhungryhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks guys, I put in my order at Nicki's diapers for my imagine prefolds. I would do flats, but all of the folding turns me off. If you can't tell, I'm a lazy cloth diaperer. Or, I just have four kids and too much to do!!! LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
kimsheamc
Registered Users

I have some Trend Lab AI2 diapers. The covers are lined with microfleece and they have snap-in microfiber (topped w/ fleece) inserts. You can reuse the cover until it feels wet to the touch or gets soiled. I often use them 2-3 times before I throw them in the wet bag. This would pretty much be the same thing as using a pocket diaper as a cover. It wouldn't hurt to just try it!
kimsheamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #16
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

It will definitely work. You can lay it in or stuff it in the pocket if you need it to be stay-dry.