Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Prayers - I'm scared for DH

So we're expecting our first in December, right around my 37th birthday. It took us years to conceive. We're looking forward to welcoming DS into the world. My pregnancy has been easy and completely trouble free! I just started a new job that will allow me to work part-time once the baby is here and is much closer to home.

But about a month ago my mom (age 70) started deteriorating (she's been pretty unhealthy for a long time) and after a long stay in multiple hospitals she's in a nursing home for rehab. She's not participating in her rehab and it looks like we're going to start the process to move her full-time into a nursing home. I have a meeting on this today with the skilled nursing facility. She was living in her own house with her 3 dogs and cats until this started and she just retired 1 1/2 years ago from teaching high school. I have 3 siblings, but for multiple reasons, most of this falls on me.

Yesterday, my DH found a lump on his neck/shoulder area. We're both nurse practitioners and to make a very long story short, it looks an awful lot like a lymph node indicative of Hodgkins Lymphoma (which I know is very treatable, but it still sucks.). He's had labs drawn, some of which will come back today. He's got an appointment with his primary care doc (who he's talked to on the phone about this in great detail already) to get set up with a surgeon for a removal and biopsy next week.

I'm not sure how much more I can handle. My husband is my partner in every way and I'm terrified. I usually call my mom to talk about things, but she's gotten very confused and it makes me so sad to talk to her. I don't want to talk about this to anyone we know, until we have a definite diagnosis, but I need prayers and support.

Advertisement

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry you have so much on your shoulders I really hope everything with your DH is okay.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prayers - I'm scared for DH

I'm sorry, mama! It sounds really stressful for your family right now. Praying that your dh doesn't have cancer, and that you find a facility that is just right for your mom.

When things get crazy focus on your wonderful, new squishy coming in a few weeks!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

dp

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

Last edited by sojomisa; 10-26-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

I'm so sorry, mama. I'll pray for your family.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I'm praying for you!

I used to work at a nursing home and I know you will be able to find one that will take great care of your mom!

I hope your DH doesn't have cancer, either. However, my mom had Hodgkin's Lymphoma 10 years ago and after about a year of chemo/radiation she went into remission and has been doing good ever since.

Try to take it easy, take it one day at a time if you have to.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

huge hugs
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hubby's labs came back normal!

This means one of two things: either this lump is not lymphoma and not a big deal or if it is lymphoma, he found it really early! Either way, this is good.

Primary care doc agreed that it is very suspicious feeling/looking and that he needs a biopsy, which is scheduled for Wednesday. Hoping for the best!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.

Last edited by snoggle; 10-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

So glad to read that his labs are normal! I hope Wednesday goes smoothly, and those results are great as well.